Marilia: "In history the artistic work of women has been ignored in all sectors"

Marilia Andrés spoils the preliminary joke for us, one thing like “wow, in the long run it appears that evidently she does dance alone”.

Marilia: "In history the artistic work of women has been ignored in all sectors"

Marilia Andrés spoils the preliminary joke for us, one thing like “wow, in the long run it appears that evidently she does dance alone”. Though she has been following her personal path for longer than as half of the Ella Baila Sola duo, probably the greatest Spanish pop gave within the 90s, she understands it in another way: she has at all times been accompanied by her . Even now. Nice-granddaughter of a language eminence like Julio Casares, she was pushed virtually evolutionarily to compose and sing her personal texts. Along with Marta Botía, the songs of that duo are nonetheless heard all over the place. She is now releasing her personal third album, Dance with me, and tells us how she lived these days and the way she lives the current.

You've got simply launched your third album, Bailar conmigo. It appears that evidently, certainly, she doesn't need to dance alone...

(Laughter) There's a motive for that tune and it's a widespread denominator: sharing the trail in a seek for freedom. All of the songs ultimately discuss it, about studying moments in life, about overcoming and transferring in the direction of freedom. Once I noticed all of them collectively, I discovered a reference to the origin, with the basis of the place I come from and that's the reason there may be folks, pleasure and desires. It's a reference to myself, I dance with myself and share with others. It's a nod to the dance that we began years in the past; I've by no means felt alone. I've a improbable group and I'm conscious that this report wouldn't be the identical with out them. Each up to now and the current.

Subir una montaña (2013), Infinito (2017) and now, the third solo one, in 2023. Why are there so a few years between albums?

The pandemic has influenced, all of the sudden and the uncertainty that we now have skilled. Additionally that there was an anniversary to have fun in 2021 [the reunion of Ella Baila Sola 25 years since its creation and 20 after its dissolution] and I wished to do it as a result of I've lots to thank individuals for. I'd by no means have guessed, composing on the age of 20 at my dad and mom' home, that they might have gone this far. That is added to the truth that I've chosen a path wherein there isn't any requirement for dates by a multinational and that offers me lots of freedom. There are additionally many songs that haven't seen the sunshine of day; behind every album there are lots of tasks, songs and concepts which are discarded however are mandatory to search out what you're on the lookout for.

Ella Baila Sola's lyrics at the moment sound extra empowering than these of different artists in these years. If Marta Botía mentioned in an interview that she by no means felt notably feminist, you could have participated within the Ellas competition and within the Save Gender Museum.

How do you understand it?

It has at all times struck me how all through historical past the creative work of girls has been ignored and denied in all sectors. My grandmother was an summary artwork painter at a time when ladies didn't paint something in any sense and that concern to open paths is in me; I composed Lady vase very very younger, maybe she was not even 20 years outdated. There's nonetheless a protracted option to go, it reveals all over the place, as if a girl is certified by her garments and never by what she is counting.

Who has influenced you essentially the most in your profession? When do you know you wished to sing?

I've a really clear reminiscence: after I was about seven or eight years outdated, when essential selections are made (laughs), the songs I heard on the radio, in Spanish and in English, gave me one thing that I could not outline however I did really feel that it was essential. . I began writing songs after I was eleven years outdated. It appeared to me the best factor that had occurred to me in my life. A discovery, like "I've peaked at eleven" (laughs). My grandfather actually favored what he wrote and for a woman that was essential. My grandmother was an summary artwork painter, she got here to exhibit. And my uncle Cristian Casares created the Cómicos de la Lengua automobile, with which they went from city to city representing the classics. Naturally, my great-grandfather Julio Casares, an unrepeatable man: along with being a linguist and talking 16 languages, he was a diplomat, musician, carpenter, essayist, RAE tutorial... Somebody from the Renaissance and his love for phrases has come to me, though it's sufficient for me to be proud. to put in writing standard songs; I am mild years away from him.

What do you are feeling when the radio, at a celebration or a bar seems like Amores de barra or We solid tons?

I'm at all times stunned. I discover it very fairly; I really feel grateful to whoever selected these songs to play. It occurred to me the opposite day: I went to a radio station to current this album and sitting on the purpose of the interview, I acquired very excited. It was with We're ready for you.

Now, with three albums out of the duo Ella baila solo...

Wait a minute, I need to specify one factor: we dissolved the duo in 2001. It isn't that I left, however that we dissolved it. She dances alone, which might be Marta and Marilia, they completed that 12 months and he or she hasn't existed anymore. In 2021 we celebrated our twenty fifth anniversary, though the headlines spoke of "the return", but it surely was solely to have fun that anniversary with all our affection. I neither left nor was it unilateral, quite the opposite: all of us did the whole lot potential to proceed, to take care of it, till we mutually determined to finish; we agreed that the inventive circle had come to an finish.

It was mentioned that the connection between you had soured: that if jealousy, envy...

When Pereza broke up, did anybody marvel if there was envy? We made the most effective choice we might with our age, in our early twenties, and within the state of affairs we had been dwelling in. We could not proceed the inventive circle, it occurs to all bands. In life issues occur that for the time being you get out of it as you possibly can and with time and perspective maybe you perceive it another way or quite the opposite, you see what you could have realized due to the trail you selected. The anniversary was very lovely, for me it was celebrating one thing from one other place, from the love and gratitude at one other time in life.

You offered out Starlite. Do you rule out repeat?

Starlite is a superb, worldwide competition that takes place in a novel place: enjoying in a quarry is like enjoying in the midst of the earth. I felt very proud to have the ability to share the stage with artists of such stature and expertise the reception of the general public. individuals actually wished a reunion that I feel continues: the songs are nonetheless there. Hopefully we join the identical with the brand new songs. Life has many modifications, I do not rule something out and my perspective is to be open to life and now life leads me to current this report.

Does the final identify trouble you, that 'Marilia de Ella baila solo' factor?

No, nothing weighs on me as a result of it's actuality; They're songs that I've composed since I used to be little and it's a extremely acknowledged work. I'm very grateful to what all this path has meant to me; actually, in my concert events I embrace these songs, in order that stage continues to be there however for me as a author and artist, it's behind me. My challenge, Marilia, is totally different and continues to advance.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post