We Tried 9 TikTok Makeup And Beauty Hacks To See If They Work

TikTok is stuffed with inspiration and magnificence hacks, and whereas some work rather well, others are very questionable. (Something DIY in magnificence ought to be taken with a grain of salt.)

In relation to make-up, there’s little that may go severely incorrect, contemplating the outcomes aren’t everlasting and you'll merely wipe it off, wash your face and transfer on if the look doesn’t swimsuit you. However magnificence hacks are solely worthwhile after they really work, so we examined 9 of the preferred ones in the intervening time to see whether or not they’re value making an attempt.

1. The proper lip mixture

Initially of her 43-second video, @yokenzieb says, “Your good lip shade shall be your eyebrow pencil, lining your lips, no matter you employ for blush within the middle of your lips and a gloss.” The video went viral with over 4 million views, and the hack is smart, as a result of the forehead and blush colours you employ ought to match your pores and skin’s undertones. It’s a easy strategy to discover out your supposed good lip shade and virtually appears too simple to be true.

Did it work?

I used the Refy Forehead Pencil in Medium, Rose Inc. Blush Divine Radiant Lip and Cheek Coloration in Dahlia and Jones Street Magnificence Cool Gloss in Authentic. Though I actually like the top end result, I felt like a extra cool-toned lip pencil would swimsuit my lips higher, nonetheless it is a very minor element and the hack labored.

Right here’s my take:

@fani_breakeven Forehead pencil & blush & gloss - works sure or no?? @refybeauty @roseinc @Jones Street Magnificence #browpencil#browpencilhack#lippencilhack♬ authentic sound - Kenzie B 🐝

2. Ombré blush

The idea is easy ― use two blush colours to create a customized shade. Seeing as blush has been a well-liked merchandise recently, this looks as if a simple manner to make use of extra of your merchandise. For this, you want cream, stick or liquid blushes. You place the darker shade and close to the temples, then a lighter blush in entrance of it; mix collectively to create an ombré impact.

Did it work?
This works rather well! It’s easy, but it surely’s a enjoyable strategy to create varied shade combos, similar to pink and pink, plum and orange, or berry and child pink. The top result's delicate, however I’m a fan.

What I used: Nudestix Nudies Matte in Salty Siren and Make Magnificence Stick (discontinued).

Right here’s my take:

@fani_breakeven Ombré blush - it’s a Sure 🙌🏻 Ib: @leilanikeaa //used @Make Magnificence in Sarah & @Nudestix in Salty Siren #ombreblush#ombreblushtrend#beautytrends2022♬ Beneath The Affect - Chris Brown

3. Clear make-up look

You’ve seen the clear make-up look on many individuals, together with the Hadid sisters, Hailey Bieber and Kendall Jenner. It’s a mixture of minimal make-up, glowing pores and skin, typically just a little brown liner flick and lip gloss. The hair is generally slicked again in a decent bun or ponytail. Because the development was began by celebrities and fashions, there are many iterations on TikTok, although they’re all fairly comparable.

Did it work?

I’m not a fan of the phrase “clear” when describing make-up, because it connotes that something not like that's “soiled,” however I needed to present it a go as a fan of no-makeup make-up, which is basically what that is. It’s a glance I’d fortunately do once more, and the result's fairly pure and healthy-looking. I made some extent of not protecting my present spots utterly. Since I used a pores and skin tint/CC cream, the protection is minimal. You don’t must have “good” pores and skin to realize this look.

Right here’s my take:

4. Glitter hair spray

Shiny glitter appears have turn into much more well-liked since “Euphoria” first aired and it’s simple to see why, given the enjoyable and artistic outcomes. Glitter hair spray jogs my memory of my ballet exhibits and the spray we'd placed on our buns earlier than the exhibits. This appears fairly comparable, and folks on TikTok are huge followers of it. I used a generic glitter spray I discovered, however Claire’s sells one which has bought out a number of occasions.

Did it work?

I’ve tried this twice and I really feel it really works higher on straight hair. On my wavy texture, it will get misplaced, or not less than the digicam doesn’t decide it up. I like how enjoyable that is, however there's a small draw back: After you spray, every little thing close by could have small glitter particles on it, together with your garments!

My tackle wavy hair:

@fani_breakeven Attempting the glitter hair spray on my wavy hair #glitterhairspray kinda labored however appears higher on straight hair! #tiktokhacks#beautyhacks♬ authentic sound - Togethxr

5. Hyaluronic acid hack

When you use hyaluronic acid to plump your dry pores and skin however you discover it doesn’t work, this hack suggests you should spray your face with both water or a facial spray after making use of your hyaluronic acid, and earlier than making use of moisturizer. This hack actually works, as a result of hyaluronic acid is a humectant that holds 1,000 occasions its weight in water.

Did it work?

This positively works! I knew it could, because it’s a method I typically use. You would even use this trick for different hydrating merchandise like moisturizers. I attempted it on half my face first to higher exhibit the distinction.

Right here’s my take:

@fani_breakeven#hyaluronicacid#dryskinhack ib: @Rocio Soria merchandise Institut Esthederm, @ISDIN & @Eau Thermale Avène Greece #beautyeditor♬ Soul Bossa Nova - Quincy Delight Jones Jr. & His Orchestra

6. Eyeliner filter IRL

You may need seen folks making an attempt out a dramatic eye flick filter and tracing it out. The very daring look is ideal for an evening out. It’s just a little laborious to get the form precisely just like the filter, so be at liberty to adapt it to your individual eye form. To make it simpler, you can also make a dot on the finish of the flick, then slowly hint the strains and fill it in.

There at the moment are a number of iterations of this eyeliner filter, together with a downturned liner (dubbed the pet liner), which apparently is right for hooded or downturned eyes and people who don’t swimsuit a cat eye.

Did it work?

I cherished the top end result! I used the Lottie London Stamp Eyeliner, however maybe a liner in cream type utilized with a skinny liner brush would work greatest as I discovered the liquid liner dried out just a little bit. As for the pet liner, it turned out higher than I assumed, however I would like a bit extra follow to make each side equal.

Right here’s my take:

I additionally tried the pet liner right here:

@fani_breakeven Attempting the #puppyeyeliner#downturnedeyeliner look with @LottieLondon stamp liner & @Jones Street Magnificence mascara #beautytrends♬ Blow Your Thoughts (Mwahchallenge) - Dua Lipa

7. Jaw highlighter

This development was unintentionally created by Bella Hadid, who was seen at a good friend’s birthday with a shiny jawline. A make-up artist on TikTok analyzed that Hadid was in all probability beginning a brand new “jaw spotlight” development with out realizing it. The trick is to use a highlighter alongside the jawline and contour just a little bit below the jaw. The perfect kind of product for this to mix in effectively and look as seamless as attainable can be a non-glittery highlighter. Nonetheless, you'll be able to high it up with a super-shiny highlighter for additional oomph.

Did it work?

Sure, and the end result was higher than anticipated! I shall be doing this once more sooner or later, and I'll strive utilizing varied highlighters to search out the right mixture. I used the Lisa Eldridge Elevated Glow Highlighter in Cosmic Rose.

Right here’s a video of my experiment:

8. One-dot contour

Contour is a superb approach to create shadows and alter the form of your face. Megan Lavallie has shared a trick that appears extremely simple to observe. Contour can typically appear formidable to do correctly, however this might assist.

Did it work?

Sure, and the end result actually amazed me! I first did simply half of my face to match. As you'll be able to see, the distinction is apparent: snatched cheekbones with a single, simple step. The trick is to mix very frivolously, as that can create the contoured impact.

What I used: Stila Full Concord Lip & Cheek Tint in Sunkissed Bronze and blended in with the Advantage No.1 brush, because it has a flat high.

Right here’s a video of my experiment:

9. Linear concealer

May this concealer hack concurrently spotlight and canopy and likewise reduce the necessity for a basis? The linear concealer appears fairly simple to do: begin below an eye fixed, go across the nostril, across the mouth and add a line below the cheekbone. Then do the identical on the opposite facet, and end by going above the eyebrows and down the nostril. A sponge-tipped concealer would in all probability work the perfect for this, so that you don’t decide up extra product than you want. You then add some bronzer in cream, stick or liquid type and mix them collectively rather well.

Did it work?
I’m amazed at how effectively this labored. Regardless of having some energetic breakouts round my mouth, I didn’t really feel the necessity to cowl them up extra after this method.

What I used: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Liquid Concealer in 05 Medium and Stila Full Concord Lip & Cheek Tint in Sunkissed Bronze. I may in all probability use a shade lighter for my concealer, however I’m actually proud of the outcomes.

Right here’s a video of my experiment:

@fani_breakeven Attempting out a concealer hack! Created by @Sarah🦋 #concealerhack#makeuphacks#contourhacks♬ Formulation - Labrinth
A pumice stone to scrub away toilet rings, limescale, and rust buildup

30 Foolish Little TikTok Merchandise To Repair All Your Foolish Little Issues

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post