Ke Huy Quan Reveals ‘Incredible’ Spielberg Moment That Cameras Missed

Ke Huy Quan advised Stephen Colbert that among the best components of profitable a Golden Globe earlier this 12 months wasn’t even caught on digital camera.

Quan, who nabbed a Finest Supporting Actor trophy for his function within the indie breakout sensation “Every little thing In all places All at As soon as,” mentioned the second occurred on the finish of his speech, when he appeared out into the viewers and noticed Steven Spielberg.

“After my speech, simply as I used to be strolling off stage, I checked out him,” he recalled. “He gave me a standing ovation. Steven Spielberg gave me a standing ovation. It was unbelievable!”

Spielberg gave Quan his first huge break by casting him as Brief Spherical within the 1984 flick “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.”

Quan referred to as Spielberg “a candy man,” including that “he sends me a Christmas current each single 12 months for the final 38 years.”

Quan is up for an Oscar for “Every little thing In all places All at As soon as,” and extensively thought-about the favourite for the award ― however reaching this level wasn’t simple for him.

Even after taking pictures on the acclaimed movie was accomplished, however earlier than it was launched, he was struggling to search out work.

“I used to be auditioning, left and proper,” he mentioned. “What was fascinating is I couldn't get a single job. Not one callback. No person wished me.”

See his full dialog with Colbert beneath:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post