RICKY HATTON "did not care" if he lived or died after dropping to Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather - and even his mother and father refused to talk to him.
The Manchester boxer, 44, was actually on prime of the world as IBO and The Ring light-welterweight champion.
He stepped as much as welterweight and was stopped by Mayweather in 2007 then surrendered his world titles to Pacquiao two years later.
However away from the boxing ring and public persona, the Hitman was struggling along with his psychological well being, to the purpose he felt suicidal as his life appeared to crumble round him.
Hatton mentioned: "I used to be at all times paranoid about what folks suppose, what is the level in being world champion if everybody thinks you are a d***head?
"In my very own thoughts, I would suppose everybody was laughing at me after dropping to Mayweather, I felt embarrassed.
"It received worse after I misplaced to Mayweather and Pacquiao and I fell out with my mum, dad and [trainer] Billy Graham.
"I used to be suicidal. It ate away at me. I did not care if I lived or died.
"I assumed to myself, 'It is over for me, no boxing, no mother and father to speak to, no Billy Graham to speak to, what the f*** am I doing right here?' That is how unhealthy it was.
"After the Pacquiao defeat was the worst time, I knew I used to be previous it and needed to retire.
"I used to be completed. In my early 30s, I nonetheless had a number of life to stay however thought who would I have fun this with?
"It was horrible, completely horrible. I would not want it on my worst enemy."
Hatton got here again for one final professional struggle in 2012, getting knocked out by Vyacheslav Senchenko in his hometown.
His difficulties with substance abuse - together with alcohol and medicines - in addition to melancholy have been a severe concern however Hatton sought assist and has fortunately turned his life round.
He's now an advocate, encouraging folks to speak about their psychological well being - after experiencing the ache of feeling unable to share in his lowest moments.
'CAN'T KEEP IT IN'
Hatton continued on the RAW: The Battle Inside podcast: "Psychological well being is so essential as a result of I almost wasn't right here.
"Now [son] Campbell has gone skilled and I am a granddad.
"I've made up with Mum and Dad and Billy Graham. Take a look at all these fantastic issues. If I would killed myself, look what I'd have misplaced out on.
"Jennifer my ex, I lived along with her and he or she knew I wasn't effectively however she did not even know the way unhealthy it was.
"After I was alone I would be in tears eager to kill myself however then after I went dwelling.
"I could not go to my mates. They'd suppose, 'Rick's misplaced the plot,' so I saved it in, that is the place the injury is finished - you'll be able to't preserve it in by yourself.
"Girls have it as effectively however I feel it is more durable for males.
"Boxers are perceived to be the hardest on the earth. Girls can not help however inform their buddies however I could not go to the pub and inform the lads. Males do not prefer to share."





Post a Comment