The strange test that led Ana Mena to work with Almodóvar: "He asked me to sing a capella"

Planeta Calleja closed the season on Wednesday night time with the go to of Ana Mena, one of the crucial excellent singers on the pop scene right now in Spain.

The strange test that led Ana Mena to work with Almodóvar: "He asked me to sing a capella"

PlanetaCalleja closed the season on Wednesday night time with the go to of AnaMena, one of the crucial excellent singers on the pop scene right now in Spain. Led by Jesús Calleja, the lady from Malaga has traveled to Thailand to be taught extra in regards to the nation and its capital, Bangkok, in this system broadcast by Cuatro.

That is the primary time that Ana Mena steps on the Asian continent. Proof of that is that the artist didn't know among the nation's guidelines and customs, comparable to not sporting shorts in locations of non secular worship. On this she has ironized with Calleja originally of this system.

After their assembly in one of many Buddhist temples, the singer and the presenter have launched to know the Chinatown of Bangkok, coinciding with the celebration of the Chinese language New Yr. The go to additionally occurred on the similar time that Ana Mena was releasing new music, so she needed to know if she would do effectively with this launch.

By way of a ritual, all doubts have been cleared. "She's fortunate. She's going to have increasingly cash and extra work," they informed her after it was finished. "It's a Chinese language perception that claims that you'll earn some huge cash," they continued to clarify.

Ana Mena opened up later, on a go to to "the Venice of Bangkok", about her private life and her origins. "My dad and mom are very regular, hard-working, humble, very acquainted folks, with stunning values...", she commented about her household. Her creative vocation additionally comes from them: "My mom sang flamenco, my grandfather on her mom's facet additionally sang flamenco, and that love for music has at all times been breathed in my home," she defined.

That's the reason why the singer didn't "end highschool", as she later recounted. "Life threw me into different paths comparable to fiction, I did issues as an actress in tv collection that took up loads of time," she stated, though all by her personal choice: "Every part I've finished in my life, childhood and adolescence, I I did it as a result of I needed to do it. It was my approach of taking part in, having fun with and connecting with myself", she stated.

Considered one of Ana Mena's first roles in fiction was in a Pedro Almodóvar movie, The Pores and skin I Reside In. About it, she says that "they wanted a woman who might sing in Portuguese", one thing that was a bit sophisticated for her. "Almodóvar made an appointment with me in his workplace, in his workplace," she says in regards to the alternative to play a job in a movie by the filmmaker. There she sang a cappella, "in the mean time", the music that she was going to interpret.

Touring to town of Chiang Mai, within the north of Thailand, Ana Mena and Jesús Calleja lived an actual journey rafting on the river, though for the artist it was extra of an odyssey. There they've discovered in regards to the work of the Chai Lai Orchid Basis, aimed on the reintegration of women and girls victims of sexual exploitation, and that they've chanted and danced one in all Ana Mena's hits to the singer's shock.

Ana and Calleja have additionally been capable of go to the Temple of the Coffins, a sacred place the place donations are collected for individuals who can't pay for his or her burial. There they've talked about their imaginative and prescient of dying and reincarnation: "I at all times attempt to speak to my family members who've left me, like my grandfather," confessed Ana Mena.

Relating to her friendship with fellow singer Abraham Mateo, who comes from her childhood, she has assured that she has recognized him "because the first contest" she entered when she was only a lady. "He was already there, and the primary time we went on stage was collectively," she has stated.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post