Matt Lucas Quits As 'Great British Bake Off' Host: 'It's Been A Delicious Experience'

Paul Hollywood, Matt Lucas, Prue Leith and Noel Fielding
Paul Hollywood, Matt Lucas, Prue Leith and Noel Fielding
C4/Love Productions/Mark Bourdillon through PA Media

Matt Lucas has stop as co-host of “The Nice British Bake Off” (which airs within the U.S. on Netflix as “The Nice British Baking Present”).

The comic, who has offered the present alongside Noel Fielding for the previous three seasons, defined he was leaving resulting from a schedule conflict.

In an announcement posted on Twitter on Tuesday night, Lucas wrote: “Farewell Bake Off! It’s been a scrumptious expertise and I can’t think about a extra enjoyable method of spending my summers.

“But it surely’s turn out to be clear to me that I can’t current each ‘Fantasy Soccer League’ and Bake Off alongside all my different initiatives.

“So, after three collection and 51 episodes, I'm cheerfully passing the baguette on to another person.”

He continued: “I wish to give my warmest thanks and gratitude to everybody at Love Productions and Channel 4 and to Noelipops, Paul, Dame Prue, the crew and, after all, the fantastic bakers for welcoming me into the tent.

“I want whoever takes over the easiest and I can’t wait to tune into the subsequent collection with out already figuring out who received!”

The U.Ok.’s Channel 4 is but to announce who will change Lucas.

Nevertheless, the previous “Little Britain” star will nonetheless be seen on display screen in forthcoming “Bake Off” Christmas specials, that are set to air on Christmas Eve and New 12 months’s Day within the U.Ok.

Lucas with the team in the "Bake Off" tent.
Lucas with the crew within the "Bake Off" tent.
C4/Love Productions/Mark Bourdillon through PA Media

Lucas joined the “Bake Off” crew in 2020, taking on from Fielding’s earlier co-host Sandi Toksvig.

The pair had been introduced in to succeed authentic presenters Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins when the present moved from BBC One to Channel 4 in 2017.

Following Lucas’ announcement, decide Prue Leith posted on Twitter: “I've completely cherished working with you @RealMattLucas. Thanks for bringing a lot laughter and enjoyable to the tent.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post