Kelly Clarkson Celebrates 20 Years Since 'American Idol' Win And Don't You Feel Ancient?

Kelly Clarkson performs at Fox's "American Idol" on August 28, 2002.
Kelly Clarkson performs at Fox's "American Idol" on August 28, 2002.
Kevin Winter by way of Getty Photos

Kelly Clarkson celebrated 20 years since her win on the primary season of “American Idol” on Sunday, transporting followers again to a time of landlines, dial-up web and Justin Guarini.

“20 years in the past immediately I gained American Idol and it ceaselessly modified the course of my life,” Clarkson stated on her social media accounts. “That second was the door that opened up a lot entry and alternative, and artistic partnerships that I'll be glad about all of my days.”

“The household and friendships I've created over these 20 years in music and TV are priceless to me,” the now discuss present host stated of her win on Sept. 4, 2002, through which she beat out Guarini for the highest prize.

“We solely get so many journeys across the solar and whereas I'm proud and really feel abundantly blessed for the successes and failures that I've realized from, I'm most proud and grateful for these mates which have turn into household,” she stated. “With out them I'd not be the place I'm. I'd in all probability not be right here in any respect.”

The “From Justin to Kelly” actor signed off on her message by thanking “each single person who voted 20 years in the past!”

Followers of Clarkson and the present wrote in regards to the magical second in actuality tv, telling the “Since U Been Gone” singer about what they keep in mind from the primary season of the present.

“This second represented a lot for thus many people. Thanks for all the time being the lady from Burleson who I stayed up voting for by way of my landline cellphone in 4th grade. Finest determination I ever made,” one commenter wrote.

One other added, “I watched her win on a tiny TV/VCR combo in my dorm freshman yr of faculty. I keep in mind it like yesterday.”

“American Idol” kicked off its first season on June 11, 2002, with judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson; and hosts Ryan Seacrest and Brian Dunkleman (sure, there have been as soon as two hosts).

The present aired for 15 seasons on Fox earlier than present process a short hiatus. It later returned on ABC, which is able to air its sixth season in 2023.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post