Boxing-Fury challenges Joshua to WBC title 'Battle of Britain' bout

LONDON – World champion Tyson Fury issued a public problem on Monday to Anthony Joshua to struggle a ‘Battle of Britain’ for the WBC heavyweight boxing belt.

Joshua, 32, suffered a second straight loss to Ukraine’s WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO champion Oleksandr Usyk in a title rematch in Saudi Arabia final month and has mentioned he desires to return to the ring earlier than the top of the 12 months.

Fury introduced final April that he was fulfilling a promise to his spouse to retire however has subsequently mentioned he'll struggle once more.

“I believe you’ve all heard that I'm going to be combating quickly throughout the subsequent few months,” Fury mentioned in a video directed on the former champion on social media.

“Anthony Joshua, I do know you’ve simply misplaced a struggle to Usyk and also you’re bout-less in the intervening time, and I’d like to present you a chance to struggle me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world and the lineal championship within the subsequent few months.

“You’re coming off a 12-round struggle, so that you’re match match, you’re prepared. I’m supplying you with a couple of months’ discover,” added the 34-year-old.

Usyk mentioned after the struggle in Jeddah that he was solely eager about a bout with Fury however media reviews have mentioned he won't struggle once more this 12 months with a view to relaxation and spend time along with his household.

“In the event you’re I’ll ship you the date over and we will rumble,” Fury informed Joshua within the video.

“A Battle of Britain for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world. Let me know for those who’re , if not I'll choose one other opponent.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post