Chelsea Handler And Jo Koy Split After Already Recording 1-Year Anniversary Video

Jo Koy and Chelsea Handler arrive to the 2021 People's Choice Awards.
Jo Koy and Chelsea Handler arrive to the 2021 Individuals's Selection Awards.
Wealthy Polk/E! Leisure through Getty Photographs

Because the saying goes, celebrities prerecord one-year anniversary tribute movies and God laughs.

So it goes for Chelsea Handler and Jo Koy, who introduced on Tuesday that they're calling it quits after charming us all with their surprising love story born out of a decadeslong friendship.

“It's with a heavy coronary heart to announce that we now have determined collectively that it's best for us to take a break from our relationship proper now,” Handler wrote alongside a video of the 2 comedians that they deliberate to share on their upcoming anniversary.

“I do know lots of you have been invested in our love, and I needed to specific to you the way a lot that meant to each of us,” she continued. “How a lot it nonetheless means. And the way a lot I now imagine in love for every one in every of us.”

The previous speak present host went on to reward Koy for all of the methods she’s been “modified perpetually” by his love, calling him “one of many biggest presents of my life.”

“He renewed my religion in males, in love, in being 100% who I'm, and I’ve by no means been extra optimistic for the long run,” Handler continued. “You blew my creativity open, my lust for working onerous once more, being on the street once more, and also you jogged my memory who I used to be and all the time have been, and my toes have by no means been extra firmly planted within the floor.”

Handler assured her followers that whereas their romantic relationship could be coming to an in depth, this new stage of their lives is just “one other starting.”

“It’s a consolation to know that I'm nonetheless liked and love this man the best way the solar loves the moon and the moon loves the solar. YOUR PERSON IS COMING,” she concluded. “So, please proceed to root for each of us, since you by no means know what life will convey.”

Whereas Handler has seemingly closed the door on the romance, an unnamed supply informed Individuals that the previous couple’s associates “hope it is a short-term scenario” and that the 2 can “nonetheless work it out.”

Koy echoed Handler’s sentiments in his personal publish, insisting that the pair will “all the time stay nice associates and can all the time have love for each other.”

“I’m her greatest fan and I can’t watch for you all to see what she has in retailer for the long run,” he wrote alongside a photograph of himself and Handler. “Maintain killing it Chelsea! Mahal kita!”

After months of hypothesis, Handler first confirmed that her friendship with Koy had blossomed right into a relationship again in September earlier than making issues Instagram official. Months later, the 2 made their pink carpet debut as a pair on the 2021 Individuals’s Selection Awards.

Earlier than embarking on a romance, Koy and Handler had been in one another’s orbit for practically 20 years after being launched by comic Jon Lovitz after which working continuously collectively on Handler’s mid-aughts late-night E! speak present, “Chelsea Currently.”

Shortly earlier than the COVID-19 pandemic, the duo reconnected when Koy requested Handler to put in writing a blurb for his e-book, which led to texting conversations and in-person hangouts.

“If I fell in love on the age of 46, I've hope for each individual on this world,” Handler stated about Koy throughout an look on “The Tonight Present” final yr. “At some point, I simply checked out him and I believed, ‘Oh, that’s my man!’ So he’s like my finest buddy after which I additionally, you recognize, get to have intercourse with him ... Enjoyable time!”

She added: “So anybody, when you've got a good friend in your life that you simply assume you’re not into or not interested in, simply keep in mind my story and to be open-minded.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post