I thought I had run out of luck when I tested positive for Covid – but I won £1m the next day in EuroMillions jackpot

A DELIVERY driver is celebrating an enormous £1m lottery win – simply someday after testing constructive for Covid.

Grandfather Mark Francis, 49, was sat at house "coughing and spluttering" when he determined to verify his emails for his lottery numbers.

Mark and Helen Francis scooped a whopping £1 million on the Euromillions
Mark and Helen Francis scooped a whopping £1 million on the Euromillions

However he was left bemused when it stated he had winnings to assert on the EuroMillions UK Millionaire Maker.

He swiftly rang the lottery firm and heard the magic phrases: "Sure Mr Francis, you're a millionaire."

The 49-year-old, who hails from Swansea, South Wales, stated: "The day earlier than I had been driving and I felt unwell. I went house to do a lateral movement check and it got here up constructive.

"The subsequent day I used to be watching daytime TV and thought that I would as properly verify my emails to see if I had gained something.

"I may solely see that I had one quantity matched on the draw so I used to be confused. I did not realise I had gained on the raffle draw and there is just one winner.

"The girl on the telephone paused for a very long time after which stated: 'Sure Mr Francis, you're a millionaire.' I do not even bear in mind what I replied. It is all a blur."

Mark, who works for Euro Automobile Elements, then rang his companion Helen Taylor, 50, to inform her the life altering information.

Carer Helen was about to assist a lady into the bathe when she advised Mark it wasn't a good time to name.

She stated: "I advised him 'Mark I am unable to take the decision on the minute' and he was like 'It is advisable to take this. I am not messing about.'"

Mark spent his days in isolation in search of a brand new home on-line after informing his shut household in regards to the win.

The couple, who've 4 kids and 5 grandchildren, spent the following few days "in denial" whereas Mark centered on getting over the virus.

I do not even bear in mind what I replied. It is all a blur,

Mark Francis

He then received a notification to say the cash had gone into his account - earlier than his steadiness to see the string of zeros.

He stated: "I noticed it and I assumed oh it's actual. We advised instant household immediately however stored it quiet aside from that.

"I do the lottery each week and I even did it after successful as a result of I nonetheless had just a few quid on my on-line account. I preserve telling folks you have to he in it to win it."

The important thing employee couple now plan to stay with their day jobs after working by way of the entire of the pandemic.

Mark, who beforehand labored as a lodge night time supervisor, stated: "I wish to preserve working. I am in a job I actually take pleasure in and I get on rather well with my colleagues.

"We had already booked an all inclusive vacation to Rhodes so we have stored that and are going in the summertime.

"We're planning to assist out household with the cash and purchase the home with a pleasant backyard. We wish to keep within the space.

"We'll most likely go on a giant household vacation subsequent 12 months possibly in Majorca and are planning a London journey to go to the Pure Historical past Museum and to see the Crown jewels."

Mark has already splashed out on an Audi Q5 and would additionally wish to take a "as soon as in a lifetime journey" to see the British Lions in Australia 2025.

He added: "The remainder of the cash will probably be a pleasant nest egg for after we retire. It takes the strain off now and we need not work additional time."

The Swansea City fans, who are both key workers, plan to continue working their day jobs
The Swansea Metropolis followers, who're each key staff, plan to proceed working their day jobs

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post