Andy Murray hints he could RETIRE at 34 after Brit is dumped out of Australian Open by Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel

ANDY MURRAY has hinted he'll QUIT skilled tennis if his type doesn't enhance.

The 34-year-old was knocked out of the Australian Open following a shock defeat to Japanese qualifier Taro Daniel.

Murray was knocked out of the Australian Open after losing in straight sets
Murray was knocked out of the Australian Open after shedding in straight unitsCredit score: Getty

Murray misplaced in straight units 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 to Daniel - who's ranked a hundred and twentieth on the planet.

After the match, the Brit didn't appear too assured when he was requested if he'll return to Melbourne Park to compete in future.

He stated: "Yeah, I imply, yeah, however not if I do what I did tonight too usually this season.

"It is a actually vital yr for me for a variety of causes, and I need to carry out effectively within the large occasions.

"For me, tonight will not be ok in that respect."

Murray additionally expressed his disappointment with latest outcomes, saying: "Making the second spherical of Slams will not be one thing I discover significantly motivating.

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

"I need to be doing higher than that.

"I am actually, actually dissatisfied. Very pissed off.

"Powerful loss for me, that is for certain."

He didn't trace at what he expects to attain this yr with a view to proceed enjoying in future, including: "It depends upon many issues. Clearly I am not seeded and stuff simply now.

“If I lose within the second spherical of a slam to Djokovic in 5 units or one thing, it is a completely different scenario.”

TOUGH TIMES

The previous couple of years have been removed from glamorous for the double Olympic champion.

All through his three-time Grand Slam successful profession he has been plagued with accidents, particularly to his hip.

In 2019 he underwent his second hip surgical procedure which saved him out of motion for your entire season.

On the time it was a doubt as as to if or not he would ever return to the court docket, however he made a comeback throughout the 2020 French Open.

Murray has plummeted down the rankings and is now World no.113.

For now, he plans to return subsequent month to play in Dubai and Doha.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post