I secretly paid off my ex’s mortgage to thank her for being a great mum – her response has left me in tears

WHEN Shaun Nyland and Cat Keenan joined TikTok in November 2019, the couple may by no means have predicted how the app would flip their lives the other way up.

In a brand new video on Cat's YouTube channel, the Newport-based couple - who share two children - defined how they'd been collectively for about six years once they shot to web fame.

Shaun Nyland and Cat Kennan were together for six years before they shot to social media fame
Shaun Nyland and Cat Kennan had been collectively for six years earlier than they shot to social media fameCredit score: INSTAGRAM

In October 2021, Shaun paid off Cat's mortgage - even though they'd broken up earlier that year
In October 2021, Shaun paid off Cat's mortgage - regardless that they'd damaged up earlier that yrCredit score: TikTok/@shaun.nyland

Throughout the first 4 months, Shaun managed to rack up over one MILLION followers whereas Cat shortly began matching her month-to-month dog-walking wage in a single day due to her hilarious clips.

However whereas this may sound like a complete dream, the pair discovered that working collectively took an enormous toll on their relationship.

Cat defined: "You'd suppose that we'd be getting nearer - however in reality, we had been getting increasingly more aside.

"It was virtually like we would turn into pals who simply labored collectively."

FABULOUS BINGO: GET A £5 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED

Regardless of their greatest efforts to prioritise occurring dates and spending extra time collectively, Shaun and Cat broke up in March 2021 - however nonetheless stayed pals so they may co-parent Tommy and Leo.

Nevertheless, Cat mentioned she started to really feel the wrestle financially when Shaun moved out as she had the mortgage to repay and expensive Vary Rover funds to maintain up with.

She mentioned: "I felt burdened about cash as a result of I had the home to pay for - we have fairly an enormous home with 4 bedrooms and it prices us loads to pay every month.

"I had my Vary Rover which we purchased collectively nevertheless it was in my identify so I took over that.

"That was costing me £1,000 a month alone on gas."

"You had numerous outgoings," Shaun mentioned. "Do not get me improper, I paid all my youngster upkeep however I knew deep down that it wasn't sufficient."

So for her thirty first birthday in October final yr, Shaun determined to shock Cat by paying off the mortgage.

I do know we're not collectively anymore, and I have been so pleased with you, you are the perfect mum ever, so I did one thing. I rang up the financial institution, I paid off your entire mortgage. This home now belongs to you.

Shaun Nyland

In a clip on TikTok, which has racked up 4.3million views, Shaun is seen throwing Cat a set of keys, along with her questioning, "why are you giving me these for?"

Shaun explains: "It is your birthday immediately, I would like you to have the perfect birthday ever. And look, I do know we're not collectively anymore, and I have been so pleased with you, you are the perfect mum ever, so I did one thing. I rang up the financial institution, I paid off your entire mortgage. This home now belongs to you.

Naturally, Cat simply assumed it was a prank at first - however Shaun had the financial institution electronic mail her to verify that she was now mortgage-free.

In a second clip, he explains: "On the finish of the day, my ex-girlfriend gave me the perfect reward any man may ask for by bringing Leo into this world and I do know it was powerful for Cat to attempt to stay the identical way of life we lived however by herself."

Unsurprisingly, the sort gesture introduced the couple a lot nearer collectively and they also determined to begin filming TikToks once more.

Cat ended the video by asking Shaun to be her boyfriend again - leaving him in tears
Cat ended the video by asking Shaun to be her boyfriend once more - leaving him in tearsCredit score: YouTube

The couple are now back together and raising their two boys
The couple at the moment are again collectively and elevating their two boysCredit score: INSTAGRAM

She defined: "I caught feels once more [...] to be sincere, I used to be a bit confused. I used to be like, 'do I really like him? Do not I?'"

However three months after Shaun's massive gesture and the couple have determined to provide their relationship one other attempt.

Though Shaun thought they had been filming a video telling their followers that they had been going to take issues sluggish, Cat used it as a possibility to shock him.

On the finish of the clip, Cat turned to Shaun and requested him to be her boyfriend once more - which resulted in him breaking down in tears.

She mentioned: "We're in a very good place and my emotions are actually sturdy in the direction of you and I realised how a lot I really like you.

"I simply need to be with you once more and as a household with the kids and stuff and I need to make it actually official now."

Shaun mentioned: "You tricked me! Oh my god, I am really crying."

"Omg guys big congratulations," one fan replied. "I’m so pleased your again collectively you make such a fantastic couple!

One other added: "You guys had me crying, congratulations! You might be each superb folks."

For extra relationship tales, this lady’s seemingly harmless snap of her lodge room goes viral after folks spot one thing VERY impolite – however are you able to see it.

And this lady discovered her man was dishonest when she noticed a suspicious textual content on his cellphone – then a buddy despatched her his relationship profile.

Plus this lady's horror date was so dangerous she faked a optimistic Covid check to get out of it… then slept with another person the identical evening.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post