My son abused my daughter as a child but she wants to me keep quiet

DEAR DEIDRE: I WAS horrified to study that my son abused my daughter as a baby. 

Now I don’t know if I can ever have a look at him in the identical manner once more, not to mention proceed a loving relationship with him.

I’m 68 and my daughter is 40. She says  her brother interfered together with her from age 12 to 14.  He's now 43.

I can’t recover from the shock or guilt that I wasn’t capable of cease this from occurring.

Realizing she has stored it quiet all her life breaks my coronary heart. 

She solely advised me as a result of she has been seeing a therapist and broke down in tears.

She has made it clear she gained’t report her brother to the police and I need to not say something to him or anybody else.

However he and his spouse are as a consequence of go to on the weekend and I don’t know the way I’ll even discuss to him.

What ought to I do?

DEIDRE SAYS: Exhausting as it's, that you must respect your daughter’s needs. Maybe in time, and with extra remedy, she's going to really feel in a different way.

Proper now, she wants your love and assist. Make it clear you’re there for her and can take heed to her. 

As to your son, it will be useful so that you can contact Mosac (mosac.org.uk, 0800 980 1958) a voluntary organisation supporting all non-abusing dad and mom and carers whose kids have been sexually abused. 

My assist pack, Abused As A Youngster, might show you how to and your daughter, too.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post