I’m worried I’ll be addicted to painkillers and valium for life

DEAR DEIDRE: FOLLOWING a traumatic automotive accident three years in the past, I've develop into hooked on prescription painkillers and Valium.

When my physician tried to wean me off them, I felt so anxious and sick that I couldn’t operate. To my disgrace, I ended up shopping for them illegally from a person in a pub.

I’m a 42-year-old skilled lady, and have by no means taken leisure medicine. I don’t even drink alcohol.

My leg has healed, however I can’t cope with out my medicine now.

It’s unattainable to sleep, I really feel jittery and anxious, and all I can take into consideration is my subsequent dose. I’m scared I’m going to lose my job.

I feel I’ve received PTSD from the accident, too.

All my GP says is that I have to decrease my dose slowly. It doesn’t work. I’m scared I’m going to be on them for all times. 

DEIDRE SAYS: Admitting you have got an issue is a courageous first step. Now be trustworthy along with your GP about your habit and ask for assist.

Contact We Are With You (wearewithyou.org.uk) totally free and confidential help with habit.

When you've got PTSD, discover assist by means of Nervousness UK (anxiousness uk.org.uk, 03444 775 774).

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post