30 Beauty Products Reviewers Over 50 Love — And You Probably Will, Too

Fashionable gadgets from this record

HuffPost could obtain a share from purchases made by way of hyperlinks on this web page. Costs and availability are topic to vary.

1
A bath of brightening, firming, and rejuvenating eye cream
Promising assessment: "I've been utilizing this day by day for about eight months now. I'm 60 years previous. It lowered the puffiness and baggage underneath my eyes. I'm Sicilian and had darkish circles. It has brightened up my eye space. I'm very shocked as I've paid rather more for eye lotions which have finished a lot much less. I just lately had pre-cancerous cells eliminated on the bridge of my nostril. After therapeutic, I used to be left with a darkish scar. The dermatologist instructed me that it could heal over time. Since I started to use this eye cream, the mark has virtually disappeared totally. I store always from Amazon. That is the primary time that I've taken the time to jot down a assessment. That is how impressed I'm with this product. If you happen to determine to buy this, you will not be sorry." — Lynda M.
2
A splurge-worthy Elta MD tinted sunscreen
Promising assessment: "Lastly a sunscreen that doesn’t make my face itch all day! Certain want they might deliver the worth down. Love the way it blends in and is tender and moisturizing. I’m 59 and this goes on clean and doesn’t ball up underneath my make-up." — Melony Phillips
3
A cruelty-free lip balm with SPF 25
Promising assessment: "Nothing has healed my chapped lips like this balm…it's AMAZING. I’m a 72-year-old girl and I’ve tried a number of lip therapies. That is the perfect!!" — Sharon
4
Amazon
An in a single day lip masks
Promising opinions: "I’ve purchased a number of of those. It’s standard with the teenager crowd, so I'm an outlier. At 51, I take advantage of this at evening round my lips. Actually softens the pinched look that may include age. I just like the scent too! A bit teeny however I’ll take it." — EJF
5
An anti-humidity spray
Promising assessment: "I do not often strive all the most recent hair issues as a result of my hair may be very high quality and it would not like product. However, I acquired as a pattern and I am unable to imagine how good it made my hair and the way lengthy it lasted. I've to scrub each single day or my hair could be limp and lifeless. You possibly can inform if I did not wash my hair for someday. This miracle stuff makes it in order that I haven't got to scrub my hair for three days at the very least and it nonetheless appears contemporary. It additionally lasts between washes, so I solely have to make use of it each different wash or typically not for 3 or 4. I am unable to dwell with out this now that I discovered it. It took me until my 50s to seek out this wonderful product. I positive coulda used this in my 20s!" — B.S.
6
An lovely octopus-shaped blackhead remover
See it in motion on TikTok right here.

Promising assessment: "I believed these have been a gimmick. WRONG!! It really works so very nicely. I used to be astounded at how clear and glowing my pores and skin was after first use. I simply turned 60 and have very nice pores and skin for my age, however nonetheless have occasional clogged pores in my T-zone. This little cutie cleans out pores like an excellent highly effective vacuum. I have been utilizing about as soon as every week and every time, pores and skin is clearer than earlier than. I'm a agency believer and will certainly preserve utilizing. Nice purchase and a cute bundle." — Trend Ragazza
7
@lorealparis
A moisturizing hair therapy
Promising assessment: "I'm 66-years-old. I've high quality thinning hair. Adopted directions. Blew dry my hair. How superior was it? My hair now feels common in thickness and holds a curl and truly has physique. I want for a lifetime provide. Will use this any longer." — Mortimer Brewster
8
A nail concealer that'll subtly disguise yellowing and marking
Promising assessment: "As a 62-year-old girl who gardens, cleans home, and many others., I wanted one thing that improved the look of my nails with out wanting low cost or crappy. This was greater than I needed to spend on nail polish...however completely value it. Two coats confirmed NO ridges and appears higher than pure with out wanting faux or low cost. Completely value it!" — Unbiased Unbiased Reviewer
9
A cuticle oil
Promising assessment: "I used to be skeptical that this could do something for my fragile nails. 4 months later I am surprised that my nails will not be chipping and peeling like they used to, and even the ridges are diminishing. Once I have a look at the quarter-inch or so of development from the nail mattress that has occurred since I began utilizing this product, I see good clean wholesome nails. I am unable to wait to see what they appear like a number of months from now when your complete nail has had an opportunity to develop out. I apply the oil throughout the nail together with underneath the ideas of the nails earlier than I am going to mattress most nights and therapeutic massage it in whereas I watch the night information. It's good to know good nails will not be a factor of the previous despite the fact that I am over 50 years previous." — All His 247
10
Sephora
Glossier Ultralip, a nourishing lipstick
Promising assessment: "This product does every little thing Glossier says. Goes on simple, moisturizing however not oily, sticky, or greasy. No lip liner wanted (unparalleled at my age, 59). Stunning buildable colour. I'm a G10 and acquired Ember and it's excellent." — Susanne
11
Taylor Miller / BuzzFeed
An excellent tender MakeUp Eraser
Promising assessment: "I am impressed. The Make-up Eraser removes my make-up simply and fully. I put on waterproof mascara, waterproof basis, and pretty heavy eyeshadow and forehead powder. I used to be bored with utilizing up cotton pads and remover liquid to get my make-up off on the finish of the day — it was time-consuming, costly, and never all the time efficient. This fabric and a few heat water solves the issue. I am 60 years previous and I strive to not topic my pores and skin to undue pulling and stretching. The Make-up Eraser requires solely a delicate round movement, and possibly a bit further wiping proper on the eyelash edge. My face comes out make-up free and gently exfoliated, prepared for moisturizer. What a fantastic product!" — A. Hawley
12
A strong snail restore cream
Promising assessment: "I am 55 years previous and my pores and skin is a bit delicate. I haven't got a number of wrinkles, however I am positively noticing a number of extra snicker traces and brow crinkles than I had a number of years in the past! I've tried a number of moisturizers and haven't been terribly impressed with any of them till now. These things actually is nice — extremely hydrating with out feeling greasy and it absorbs shortly. It feels nice on my pores and skin. In just some quick weeks, I positively discover an enchancment in my pores and skin tone and fewer traces and wrinkles! Plus, the customer support is nice. I had questions after I first acquired the product and acquired followup response instantly. I'll positively be ordering this product once more. I take advantage of it within the night and morning; no want for 2 completely different moisturizers. More than happy!" — sbakey
13
A crème to powder waterproof eyeshadow stick
Promising assessment: "I am 52, with crepey eyelids they usually itch and water if a smidge of eye product will get in them. Powder shadow is an entire no-go! Simply purchased two of those and I'm so pleased! After years of not carrying shadow, I'm again within the recreation! It goes on creamy precisely the place you place it. The smudger works fantastically and it stayed put all day with no creasing, no watery or itchiness. Did not use any primer, simply on clear, moisturized pores and skin Thanks! I'll positively be getting extra colours!" — Tania Nicholson
14
Bek O'Connell / BuzzFeed
A collagen-coating hair therapy
Promising assessment: "This product has a light-weight however actually pretty scent. I completely find it irresistible! My virtually waist-length hair was critically broken by my final hairstylist. I've tried every little thing to make my hair shinier and extra manageable, with much less frizz. I have been via numerous deep conditioning therapies with little outcomes...until I discovered CER 100! I am in my early 50s so I've removed from 'virgin' hair. If mine appears this nice, that claims lots! My solely want? That it got here in an even bigger tube/bottle!" — C. Fordham
15
A Schick Silk dermaplaning razor
Promising assessment: "Simply used this wonderful little razor on my face for the primary time and I'm hooked! I'm 58 years previous and battle the peach fuzz particularly on my lip and chin....this was tremendous simple and efficient! The exfoliation alone is unbelievable! Seize a few of these in your magnificence arsenal!" — Cisami
16
A light-weight primer
Promising review: "I received! This primer not solely has a pleasing, mild, and delicate odor, however it really works very nicely too. I've a very oily T-zone and and actually dry growing old pores and skin in every single place else. By some means this primer appeared to do no matter my pores and skin wanted to maintain the make-up in place. I dwell in a really humid, sub-tropical local weather so discovering a primer that holds up in practically 100% humidity is wonderful! I had two occasions to attend two nights in a row they usually each lasted too lengthy....hours! My make-up regarded nearly as good on the finish of the evening because it regarded after I first put it on and set it that morning. It additionally made my pores and skin really feel so tender. I have been carrying it more often than not with out including any make-up and it actually improves the look of my 64-year-old pores and skin. Attempt it. I feel you may be as pleasantly shocked as I've been." — JanJan
17
A protracted-lasting eye primer
Promising assessment: "I really feel so silly...I am 65 years previous and have all the time been irritated by the truth that by mid-afternoon, my higher lids could be oily, shiny and sporting a stripe from my eye liner. I did not assume there was a treatment. Then stumbled upon the thought of utilizing a primer/basis designed for the eyelids. What? How BRILLIANT!! Who would have thought? I dipped my toe into the water and bought one tube of the Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primer. I do not use eye shadow on my lids, however I do use it as a liner on my decrease lashes. (I add water to compressed eye shadow and put it on my pores and skin with a sponge-end pencil factor). These things ROCKS!! On the finish of a scorching Texas day, my lids are nonetheless as contemporary and dry as they have been at 6 a.m. And it solely takes a pinhead-sized drop to cowl one whole lid from lashes to eyebrow, with sufficient left to cowl the decrease lid space as nicely. It is creamy, however dries in a short time. Superior! The one factor that retains this product from being 100% excellent is that it has a chemical odor while you first put it on...BUT...after a couple of minutes, the odor is gone and my eye make-up appears impeccable for 12+ hours. Clearly, I extremely suggest this product. They've discovered a lifetime buyer with me." — ShortieTX
18
Amazon
A splurge-worthy iS Medical serum
Promising assessment: "I've been utilizing these items for nearly two years. I do know it has made an enormous distinction in my pores and skin. I get many compliments on my pores and skin and I'm 58 years previous. My hairdresser stated I've the pores and skin of a 25-year-old. It has minimal traces, no pores, and is clean and tight. I might extremely suggest this serum. With that stated, I additionally lead a really clear way of life and have for a few years. I am positive this helps with the situation of my pores and skin." — Kindle Buyer
19
A cruelty free vitamin C serum
Promising assessment: "This serum is simply as wonderful as everybody says it's. I'm 67 years previous, and I've mild melasma on each of my cheekbones. I've finished *every little thing* to eliminate it (microdermabrasion, different serums, clarisonic exfoliation, and on and on advert nauseam). I put on SPF 50–70 on my face three hundred and sixty five days a yr, and I've finished that for many years. I additionally drink a number of water. It regarded nearly as good because it was going to get. Now, my pores and skin appears even higher, and the melasma has by no means been lighter. Total, my pores and skin tone simply appears very even and clean. Each morning after I look within the mirror at my face, I marvel at how clean it appears for my age. That is such a terrific product. I simply completed my first bottle and I am on to my second one!" — Rabid Reader
20
A cruelty-free lengthening mascara
Promising assessment: "I'm 68 years previous and have been utilizing make-up for 52 of these years. I've tried many mascaras over these years, from cheap to very costly. I can not say that I've ever been actually pleased with the outcomes. I had reached the purpose the place I believed that, it doesn't matter the associated fee, they're just about all the identical. This modified my thoughts. I placed on two coats and it made my lashes look so thick. If I didn't know higher, I might assume that I had on false eyelashes. I used child shampoo, as I all the time do and I all the time lather with the child shampoo twice, to take away the mascara, and it got here off simply. I'll look no extra for a brand new mascara. I can not think about a mascara higher than this." — Piaget
21
Jasmin Sandal / BuzzFeed
A splurge-worthy tube of Stila mascara
BuzzFeed editor Jasmin Sandal loves these items. In her personal phrases:

"I do not assume I ever knew the true which means of wide-awake eyes till I armed myself with this mascara from Stila. Let's simply begin with the feel and appear of it: It is available in a weighty gold tube — so that you already know you are about to expertise one thing particular — and the applicator is curved within the middle with simply the correct amount of product on it. Clearly from my expertise, you may inform the apparent distinction between the with and with out — and, TBH, the 'with out' has been my basic M.O. throughout these latest occasions. However that has all modified due to this lash extension in a tube! Not solely do my eyelashes seem thicker, however the size is simply actually phenomenal. I really feel like a brand-new, less-tired-looking girl any time I apply a lick of this!

Promising assessment: "BEST mascara ever!!! I’m requested on a regular basis if my eyelashes are actual or if they're mine. Remember I'm 57 years previous! This makes my lashes look lush and lengthy and wholesome." — KC (Houston,TX)
22
A Stila waterproof eyeliner
Promising assessment: "I had by no means used a liquid eyeliner earlier than this one. I am 68 years previous and was a bit hesitant to strive a liquid. I find it irresistible. It's so simple to use. I can get a skinny line so I do not look overly made up. Find it irresistible." — D'Angelee
23
A winged eyeliner stamp
Promising assessment: "I'm a 50-year-old girl who's ridiculous about making an attempt out new make-up traits. I've been carrying my eyeliner winged since my teen years, and though I've gotten fairly good at making use of my wings, I all the time appear to have one thicker than the opposite, or at an odd angel, most definitely resulting from my eyes not being completely even. So after I noticed a assessment of this product, I believed, what the heck, I'll strive it. Nicely, girls (and guys who put on liner), this winged liner set is without doubt one of the finest purchases I've ever made within the beauty world. It's so easy and I am unable to imagine how shortly I used to be capable of give myself the completely, flawless wings! If eyes may fly....value each penny." — Molly A. Kasdan
24
A beloved tightening cream
Promising assessment: "I'm 60 and see that regardless of how a lot food plan and train I do, I couldn't eliminate the cellulite on my legs. I began utilizing this product six weeks in the past and might noticeably see a distinction. I apply morning and night, earlier than mattress for optimum outcomes. It goes on clean and has a creamy, non-sticky really feel. The odor is dreamy, and even my husband has commented on the development. Be sure you apply in a round movement for optimum protection, absorption and circulation." — Amazon buyer
25
Embryolisse, a cult-favorite French moisturizing cream
Promising assessment: "To date I'm loving this lotion. I put in on each morning underneath my make-up and it leaves my face completely moisturized all day lengthy. I additionally seen I take advantage of much less basis as a result of it’s so moisturizing. I don’t imagine there may be any miracle moisturize that can ever eliminate our crows toes, snicker traces, neck sagging, and many others. however this moisturizer helps scale back the look of those issues so long as they’re not deep floor. I’m 68 years previous and by no means was somebody who was a 'solar worshipper' and, luckily, stopped smoking in 1980 after smoking for 15 years. These two issues do a number of injury to your pores and skin, so to all younger girls studying this who're doing these two issues, take it from me, if you wish to retain wholesome, youthful pores and skin, cease these too dangerous habits. Use sunscreen when you find yourself within the solar and use moisturizer now. Embryolisse appears to be place to start out!" — Janet Cahill
26
La Roche-Posay zits therapy cream
Promising assessment: "That is the one factor that retains my zits at bay. I’m virtually 60 years previous and nonetheless endure. Have used OTC and prescription meds of each form since about age 30. So long as I take advantage of this and am non secular about washing my face, I keep fairly clear. It’s by no means induced irritation or extreme drying." — Lilly G
27
A Maybelline concealer to masks darkish circles and scale back under-eye puffiness
Promising assessment: "Greatest underneath eye concealer ever. I'm 67 years previous and have tried them alI. I would not exit with out making use of this concealer. It blends properly with my basis and has by no means caked. The sponge applicator is tender and makes utility fast and straightforward. I'll proceed to make use of this product and hope, like many merchandise I've used through the years, that it would not get discontinued." — Morty
28
An zits patch
Promising assessment: "These are the perfect. I’m 65 years previous and nonetheless expertise frequent breakouts. Pop on considered one of these and your zit heals in half the time. The bundle has a number of completely different sizes so you should utilize actually small ones for common pimples or on small locations just like the tip of your nostril. It additionally comes with huge ones for these zits that appear like a light-weight in the midst of your brow. They’re virtually invisible so you may put on them throughout the day." — Terry L. Burgess
29
Alice Prendergast / BuzzFeed
A Verb hair oil
Buzzfeed editor Alice Prendergast loves this unhealthy boy. In her personal phrases:

"Once I bleached my hair, it was fully busted. It broke each time I brushed it and principally regarded like a type of tumbleweeds you see in an previous western film each time I blow-dried it — till I discovered this. It is thicker than most oils (a bit lighter than the consistency of gel) and combs via hair like a dream. It packs in moisture like no person's enterprise and in addition smells freaking wonderful."

Promising assessment: "I've shoulder-length hair that's frizzy with out product. This product is the perfect I've ever utilized in my 56 years. If I put it on damp hair and blow-dry, my hair appears nice and bouncy. If I take advantage of my flat-iron after blow-drying, it stays clean, even on wet days." — delenbaas
30
Amazon
Sunday Riley Luna sleeping evening oil
Promising assessment: "I've truthful, dry, delicate pores and skin together with pustular rosacea. I'm VERY cautious with every little thing I placed on my pores and skin, hair, and face. I've my day routine and merchandise locked in — however I used to be struggling to seek out merchandise for my nighttime routine. I simply turned 50 and have been fighting find out how to use and which retinol to make use of with my rosacea. I learn some nice opinions about this, and though I used to be a bit skeptical as a result of colour and the perfume (two issues my pores and skin doesn't usually like) I made a decision to provide it a shot. I really feel like my pores and skin smiles and thanks me after I apply this! Within the colder, drier months I do apply a moisturizer on prime of the oil after I've given it a bit time to soak up. My pores and skin has NEVER regarded or felt this good. Vibrant, glowy, clean, and the high quality traces and wrinkles are wanting smoother and softer. And NOT a single ROSACEA outbreak. After all I want that this was a bit extra financially pleasant, however a bit goes a good distance and I'm so pleased with this product that I do know I will probably be buying it again and again." — Amazon buyer
A gentle cleansing micellar water

39 Issues To Take Your Make-up, Skincare, And Hair Routine To The Subsequent Degree

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post