‘Love Is Blind’ Star Marshall Glaze Blames Jackie Bonds’ Low ‘Emotional Maturity’ For Breakup

Marshall Glaze and Jackie Bonds from “Love is Blind” Season 4.
Marshall Glaze and Jackie Bonds from “Love is Blind” Season 4.
Netflix

Marshall Glaze of “Love Is Blind” thinks he has a greater grasp on his emotions than former fiancée Jackie Bonds.

Within the final batch of episodes for Season 4 of the Netflix courting actuality sequence, the pair determined to name it quits earlier than embarking on a marriage. Glaze — who tended to emphasise his delicate, “good man” persona on the present by usually utilizing therapy-related phrases and phrases — defined to Selection in an interview printed Friday that the couple broke up as a result of Bonds was not as emotionally mature as he was.

“She very a lot put that she will be able to’t give me what I want so far as the emotional availability or rise to my emotional maturity,” Glaze instructed the outlet. “Not that she doesn’t have that inside her, but it surely simply form of paled as compared. And that’s okay. Not all people has the identical stage of emotional maturity as we’re speaking about.”

Glaze and Bonds from “Love is Blind” Season 4.
Glaze and Bonds from “Love is Blind” Season 4.
Netflix

“Love Is Blind” is a actuality present the place 15 males and 15 girls date each other in “pods,” or small rooms, separated by a wall. Members can speak to one another however can't see each other except they determine to get engaged. If a pair will get engaged, they lastly get the possibility to satisfy face-to-face earlier than getting married a number of weeks later.

Bonds did present indicators of not being bodily drawn to Glaze upon assembly him, and cameras captured a number of emotional outbursts that appeared to sabotage their relationship. Viewers additionally noticed her additionally agreeing so far Josh Demas, one other participant she met within the pods, earlier than formally breaking it off with Glaze.

Bonds claimed on Instagram after the episodes aired that she broke up with Glaze previous to rekindling issues with Demas, however enhancing on the present made it appear like the alternative.

Glaze wasn’t a poster boy for emotional maturity, both.

Followers on social media have criticized Glaze for having a “savior advanced” each time Bond had a breakdown. In Episode 6, he commented to the cameras: “Jackie tends to ruminate. And he or she tends to remain in a temper for a very long time. Longer than I would really like, nevertheless, that’s less than me. And I’m simply there chilling, ready.”

Glaze comforts Bonds during one of her emotional breakdowns on Season 4 of “Love Is Blind.”
Glaze comforts Bonds throughout one in all her emotional breakdowns on Season 4 of “Love Is Blind.”
NETFLIX

The couple’s greatest blowout happens in Episode 8, when Glaze admits that he left the couple’s shared residence after Bonds instructed him to “boss up,” or act extra “aggressive” sexually.

“The way in which that she made me really feel in that second when she stated that — I wasn’t a person,” he says to the cameras. “That hurts, as a result of I actually, genuinely do love this lady.”

When Glaze returns to the residence, Bonds is packing her garments. Bonds says she shouldn't be fascinated by taking part in video games, and the pair interact in an explosive disagreement about Glaze selecting to go away as an alternative of addressing his emotions. “I by no means stated you weren’t man sufficient for me, I simply stated to be extra aggressive,” Bonds says. “We don’t have intercourse, bro!”

Glaze responds to this by telling Bonds that she doesn't make him really feel particular. She then questions why Glaze even likes her.

“As a result of I see you as a undertaking and I noticed potential,” he says. “I assumed that you simply had been simply going to return round to me.”

Bonds is offended by the concept Glaze views her as somebody he needed to repair, and Glaze backpedals his “undertaking” comment by saying he meant that he felt that their relationship had “limitless potential.”

The 2 lastly name it quits in Episode 10, with Bonds admitting to Glaze that she has emotions for Demas. After Glaze leaves angrily, Bonds admits to the cameras: “I don’t even know if I’m gonna be with Josh. I don’t know if I’m gonna be with anyone ... I must most likely do some self-work.”

Bonds has since shared a few of her difficulties captured on-camera had been as a result of stress of caring for her father, who has most cancers, alongside her day job as a dental assistant. She additionally has a brother who was lately launched from jail.

“Household comes first,” she instructed Leisure Weekly.

Glaze admitted to Selection that he misunderstood Bonds when she instructed him to “boss up.”

“Jackie didn’t verbatim say that I used to be much less of a person,” he clarified to the outlet. “It was my interpretation of it.”

He additionally implied that being referred to as much less manly was an insecurity of his.

“I’ve heard that I’m mushy my complete life,” he instructed Selection. “And that’s okay. It took me a very long time to get to the purpose of acceptance. I made a birthday video for myself, and I simply communicate to acceptance, that’s my twenty seventh 12 months is simply acceptance, I settle for myself for precisely who I'm. I’m unapologetic about my sensitivity, my feelings, and the truth that I put on my coronary heart on my sleeve. I like myself, and I put myself on the market. And that’s all that I may ever really ask or hope for out of anyone: simply to place all of it on the market.”

To learn Glaze’s interview in full, head over to Selection.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post