Zendaya and Giuliana Rancic beef explained

ZENDAYA'S purple carpet have a look at the 2015 Oscars earned a blended reception from trend critics.

Nonetheless, it was Giuliana Rancic's Style Police feedback concerning the Euphoria star that went viral.

Zendaya's 2015 Oscars red carpet style was on the receiving end of unsavory comments
Zendaya's 2015 Oscars purple carpet type was on the receiving finish of unsavory feedbackCredit score: Getty

What occurred between Zendaya and Giuliana Rancic?

Zendaya and Giuliana Rancic had a falling out after the latter made damaging remarks concerning the Malcolm and Marie actress' coiffure on the 87th Academy Awards.

Whereas co-hosting E! Style Police, Giuliana commented: "She has such a tiny body that this hair overwhelms her. I really feel like she smells like patchouli oil or weed."

Giuliana was met with backlash from viewers who thought-about her remarks racially insensitive.

Within the wake of the controversy, Zendaya took to Instagram to answer the E! broadcaster.

"There's a effective line between what's humorous and disrespectful," the Disney Channel alum replied.

"Somebody stated one thing about my hair on the Oscars that left me in awe. Not as a result of I used to be relishing in rave outfit evaluations, however as a result of I used to be hit with ignorant slurs and pure disrespect.

"To say that an 18-year-old younger girl with locs should odor of patchouli oil or 'weed' shouldn't be solely a big stereotype however outrageously offensive."

She added: "There may be already a harsh criticism of African American hair in society with out the assistance of ignorant individuals who select to guage others based mostly on the curl of their hair.

"I don’t normally really feel the necessity to answer damaging issues however sure remarks can not go unchecked."

When did Giuliana apologize to Zendaya?

On February 24, 2015, Giuliana issued an apology to Zendaya by way of Twitter.

The Style Police alum tweeted: "Expensive @Zendaya, I am sorry I offended you and others.

"I used to be referring to a bohemian stylish look. Had NOTHING to do with race and NEVER would!!!"

Later that very same Tuesday, she elaborated additional on her regret by way of E! Information and defined: "I need to apologize for a remark that I made on final evening’s Style Police about Zendaya’s hair.

Giuliana Rancic said Zendaya's hair reminded her of "patchouli oil and weed"
Giuliana Rancic stated Zendaya's hair reminded her of "patchouli oil and weed"Credit score: Getty

"I perceive that one thing I stated final evening did cross the road.

"I simply need everybody to know I didn’t intend to harm anyone.

"However I’ve realized that it isn't my intent that issues, it’s the outcome and the result's individuals are offended, together with Zendaya, and that's not okay."

She acknowledged: "Due to this fact, I need to say to Zendaya and anybody else on the market that I've harm, that I'm so, so sincerely sorry.

"This actually has been a studying expertise for me. I've realized loads at the moment.

"This incident has taught me to be much more conscious of clichés and stereotypes, how a lot harm they will do, and that I'm accountable, as all of us are, to not perpetuate them additional."

How did Zendaya reply?

Zendaya appeared to simply accept Giuliana's apology and expressed on Instagram: "Giuliana, I admire your apology and I’m glad it was a studying expertise for you and for the community.

"I've so many individuals trying as much as me, that I couldn’t be scared, wait it out, nor might I simply rise up for me...I needed to do it for WE."

After the controversy settled, Mattel launched a model of Barbie in Zendaya's likeness.

The road of dolls even featured the gown and coiffure that was the centerpiece between the Dune actress and the TV host.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post