When does Ken Bruce start on Greatest Radio Hits?

KEN Bruce is not crusing off into retirement simply but, as an alternative, he is launching a model new present on Best Hits Radio.

And you will not have to attend for much longer - here is when Bruce begins his new present.

Ken Bruce has quit BBC Radio 2
Ken Bruce has stop BBC Radio 2Credit score: Rex

When does Ken Bruce begin on Best Radio Hits?

Bruce begins his new every day present on Best Hits Radio on Monday, April 3.

The present shall be on air from 10 am to 1 pm.

Of what listeners can anticipate from his new present, Bruce teased: "What higher approach to have fun my forty-five years in radio than with a brand new journey and a brand-new present on Best Hits Radio.

"I say brand-new however there'll nonetheless be PopMaster, me and my musings and all the good data you understand and love from the 70s, 80s and 90s."

Why did Ken Bruce depart BBC Radio 2?

On January 17, 2023, Ken Bruce shocked his adoring Radio 2 viewers when he introduced he was leaving his mid-morning present.

The programme rans from 9.30am till 12pm each weekday morning.

However he revealed he could be departing the present in March 2023.

In an announcement, Ken stated: "Nothing stays the identical ceaselessly and I've determined the time is correct for me to maneuver on from Radio 2 after I attain the top of my present contract in March.

"It’s been a tremendously completely happy time for me: I’ve made many mates and labored with many fantastic colleagues.

"Nonetheless, I really feel that after 45 years of full-time broadcasting on BBC Radio it’s time for a change.

"I'd stress that that is completely my determination however some new alternatives have come up and I want to proceed my profession in a barely completely different means within the subsequent few years, the main points of which shall be revealed shortly.

"I'll at all times be very happy with my affiliation with the BBC and Radio 2 specifically and I’d prefer to thank everybody who has helped to make the mid-morning present a hit.”

The departure follows the exit of one other long-running station icon, Steve Wright.

Who will substitute Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2?

On February 23, 2023, The Solar revealed Vernon Kay is about to switch Ken Bruce on his legendary BBC Radio 2 present.

It is reported that the previous Household Fortunes star has signed a profitable two yr deal.

A supply informed us: "Vernon has a raft of contemporary, new concepts and content material, however is not going to be attempting to reinvent the wheel right here - he is aware of how vital this present is to listeners, and desires them to really feel welcome and secure."

A BBC spokesperson stated: “We have seen plenty of hypothesis about who will take over the a lot coveted mid-morning slot on Radio 2, and we'll affirm the brand new presenter within the close to future.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post