Stephen Colbert Mocks Hannity For ‘Desperately’ Trying To Rescue Trump From TV Disaster

Stephen Colbert noticed a second throughout Donald Trump’s newest Fox Information interview the place Sean Hannity tried to step in and assist the previous president out.

It didn’t work.

First, Trump provided a nonsensical and unconvincing rationalization for posting a pair of pictures on his Fact Social account that many discovered ominous: him with a baseball bat side-by-side with Manhattan District Legal professional Alvin Bragg.

“After that rambling rationalization I feel I've a fairly good thought of who received hit within the head with a bat,” Colbert mentioned.

Trump’s interview went so poorly that former Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), a longtime defender of the previous president who’s now a Fox Information contributor, referred to as it “completely horrific” and ripped him for “whining.”

It received much more awkward when Hannity introduced up Trump’s hoarding of categorised authorities paperwork and, as Colbert put it, “desperately tried to provide him an escape route.”

“I can’t think about you ever saying, ‘Carry me a number of the bins that we introduced again from the White Home, I’d like to take a look at them,’” Hannity mentioned.

“I might have the fitting to do this,” Trump insisted.

“I do know you, I don’t suppose you'd do it,” Hannity interjected, making an attempt to guide Trump.

“I might have the fitting to do this, I might try this,” Trump pushed again.

Hannity shortly tried to vary the topic: “All proper, let me transfer on.”

Colbert was left in disbelief.

“Objection, objection your honor ― main the witness and in some way failing to do this,” he cracked. “Does the witness not understand I’m making an attempt to guide him?”

See extra in Colbert’s Tuesday evening “Late Present” monologue:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post