Ex-Tottenham star Stephane Dalmat ‘quit a match 40 minutes early to get out of stadium and beat traffic’

EX-TOTTENHAM ace Bobby Zamora revealed how his outdated team-mate Stephane Dalmat give up DURING a sport so he might catch a flight again to France.

Dalmat, now 44, spent the 2003/04 marketing campaign on mortgage at Spurs from Inter Milan, making 22 appearances.

Dalmat's talent was undeniable but his attitude was questionable
Dalmat's expertise was simple however his perspective was questionableCredit score: Alan MacGregor Ewing - The Solar Glasgow

The midfielder scored 3 times throughout his spell in North London but it surely seems he was finest remembered for his second of insanity throughout a league conflict.

Zamora advised Jimmy Bullard’s Off the Hook podcast: "We performed a sport at Spurs. Within the first 5 minutes of the second half he simply walked off the pitch.

“The ball wasn’t out of play or something and he simply begins strolling off the pitch. I believe I used to be on the bench and I believed he has pulled his hamstring or one thing.

“He walks down the tunnel. Doesn’t say something to anyone. We performed the sport after which got here in and he had shot.

“So we're like ‘The place is he, the place is he? I don’t know. Unsure’. He was supposed to come back in for the nice and cozy down – however he doesn’t are available for 2 days.

“I discover out ultimately that he has obtained a airplane to catch and he can’t get to the airport after the sport due to the visitors and all that so he has gone off the pitch, walked down the tunnel ‘off I am going I’m going to get my airplane’.

“He went again to house to France. He was simply a type of gamers that simply didn’t care."

Dalmat additionally performed for Paris Saint-Germain and Marseille however Zamora provides how he was one of the crucial gifted gamers he had performed with.

HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL

He added: “He was an absolute participant. He was robust, fast, highly effective, you would not get the ball off him. 

"He had that kind of French vanity.

“He performed for some mad large golf equipment however simply no one might handle him. He was simply an absolute loon.”

The Spurs staff on the time was managed by David Pleat who took over mid-season after Glenn Hoddle was fired from the job.

Different gamers within the staff’s squad on the time have been Jermain Defoe, Jamie Redknapp, Robbie Keane, Darren Anderton and captain Ledley King.

The revelation about Dalmat’s antics got here after fellow footballer Jamie O’Hara revealed the Frenchman slapped him throughout the face within the altering room following a dispute throughout a reserve staff sport for the North London membership in the identical season.

Talking on TalkSport radio, O’Hara stated: “Dalmat had come all the way down to the reserves and I believe he had obtained the hump as a result of clearly he has been advised he has obtained to play with the reserves.

“I used to be a younger child desirous to impress. We performed and he was simply strolling about, you already know he didn’t need to be there.

“He was the standard first-team participant coming down enjoying reserves, didn’t need to know and I believe I give it to him at half-time.

“I believe I stated ‘Hear mate if you happen to don’t need to be right here simply don’t be right here, simply go, get in your bike.

“And he obtained up and walked throughout the room and I’m considering he’s going to be like ‘yeah, yeah, I do know you might be proper’.

“However he simply slapped me within the face. Only a slap not a punch. It was a slap and I simply took it like that. I used to be in shock greater than something.

“Clearly I obtained up and thought I might have a ruck with him however everybody jumped in, you already know that one the place you're going ‘let me at him, let me at him’. I couldn't imagine it, only a slap within the face.”

Stephane Dalmat spent just a season on loan with Tottenham
Stephane Dalmat spent only a season on mortgage with TottenhamCredit score: PA:Press Affiliation

Bobby Zamora revealed how Dalmat was a huge talent at Spurs
Bobby Zamora revealed how Dalmat was an enormous expertise at SpursCredit score: PA:Press Affiliation

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post