Shocking pics show remains of F1 star Romain Grosjean’s car from dramatic Bahrain GP crash as it goes in exhibition

THE charred stays of Romain Grosjean's Haas F1 automobile from the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix are being placed on show for the very first time.

The Frenchman cheated dying when he hit a barrier at 120mph, ripping his automobile in two earlier than it caught on hearth.

The remains of Romain Grosjean's Haas can now be seen
The stays of Romain Grosjean's Haas can now be seenCredit score: PA

The charred car had been kept under wraps since 2020
The charred automobile had been stored below wraps since 2020Credit score: PA

The Haas car looks scarcely recognisable
The Haas automobile appears scarcely recognisableCredit score: PA

Grosjean miraculously clambered out of the inferno
Grosjean miraculously clambered out of the infernoCredit score: Splash

Grosjean someway clambered out of the inferno, struggling burns on his arms and ankle having been trapped for 28 seconds.

The wrecked automobile has been stored below wraps for 3 years however has now been launched to the general public to see on the F1 Exhibition in Madrid.

Grosjean, who now races in IndyCar in the USA, stated: "From my standpoint, it was a giant accident however I did not realise the affect or how violent it was from the surface.

"It was solely the subsequent day once I requested somebody to point out me what it seemed like that I realised.

"My spouse was really watching that race with my dad and my children. They'll keep in mind that second their whole life.

"They had been simply spectators ready to listen to one thing... ready to see one thing from Bahrain.

"I needed to break the headrest, punching it with my helmet after which I ultimately managed to get my helmet by means of and get up within the seat.

"I realised my left foot was caught into the chassis and I pulled as onerous as I might on my left leg. My shoe stayed within the chassis however my foot got here unfastened so I used to be free to exit the automobile.

Romain Grosjean came away with burns on his hands and ankles
Romain Grosjean got here away with burns on his arms and anklesCredit score: Instagram / @grosjeanromain

The car can now be seen at an exhibition in Madrid
The automobile can now be seen at an exhibition in MadridCredit score: PA

Grosjean was stuck in the burning car for nearly 30 seconds
Grosjean was caught within the burning automobile for practically 30 secondsCredit score: PA

"It was 120 kilos of gas plus the battery - each had been on hearth. Dr Ian Roberts, Alan van der Merwe from the medical automobile and one fireman had been attempting to open a spot within the hearth to assist me get out.

"I imagine that helped me at the least to get a imaginative and prescient of the place I needed to go and the place the exit was."

The 2020 Bahrain GP proved to be Grosjean's closing race in F1.

He missed the ultimate two races of that season, changed by Pietro Fittipaldi, earlier than not having his contract renewed by Haas and retiring from F1.

Grosjean did subsequently make a full restoration, nonetheless, and has competed in IndyCar since 2021.

Having been caught within the burning wreckage for practically 30 seconds, Grosjean later revealed what was going by means of his head.

'I PUT MY HANDS IN THE FIRE'

Showing on Nico Rosberg's podcast, he stated: "It felt for much longer than 28 seconds. I noticed my visor turning all orange, I noticed the flames on the left facet of the automobile.

"I considered a whole lot of issues, together with Niki Lauda, and I assumed that it wasn't potential to finish up like that, not now. I could not end my story in Components One like that.

"After which, for my kids, I instructed myself that I needed to get out. I put my arms within the hearth, so I clearly felt it burning on the chassis.

"I obtained out, then I felt somebody pulling on the swimsuit, so I knew I used to be out."

The car hit the barrier at 120mph
The automobile hit the barrier at 120mphCredit score: Reuters

The race was red flagged for over an hour as the track was restored
The race was purple flagged for over an hour because the observe was restoredCredit score: PA

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post