YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki stepping down after nine years as she reveals ‘new chapter’ and her replacement

YOUTUBE'S CEO Susan Wojcicki has introduced she can be stepping down.

She has had the function for 9 years however has determined to depart and give attention to a "new chapter."

Susan Wojcicki is stepping down as YouTube CEO
Susan Wojcicki is stepping down as YouTube CEOCredit score: Getty

YouTube's chief product officer Neal Mohan can be taking on because the SVP (Senior Vice President) and the brand new CEO of YouTube.

Wojcicki mentioned: "Right now, after almost 25 years right here, I’ve determined to step again from my function as the top of YouTube and begin a brand new chapter centered on my household, well being, and private initiatives I’m enthusiastic about.

She added: "The time is true for me, and I really feel in a position to do that as a result of we now have an unimaginable management group in place at YouTube.

"Once I joined YouTube 9 years in the past, considered one of my first priorities was bringing in an unimaginable management group.

"Neal Mohan was a kind of leaders, and he’ll be the SVP and new head of YouTube.

"I’ve spent almost 15 years of my profession working with Neal, first when he came to visit to Google with the DoubleClick acquisition in 2007 and as his function grew to turn into SVP of Show and Video Adverts.

"He turned YouTube’s Chief Product Officer in 2015."

She predicted that Mohan can be a "terrific chief."

Wojcicki will nonetheless work with YouTube groups as a coach.

She mentioned she's going to nonetheless meet with YouTube creators.

Wojcicki turned CEO in 2014 however began working with Google founders Larry Web page and Sergey Brin 25 years in the past.

As a part of her new chapter, she'll additionally take an advisory function at each Google and Alphabet.

Alphabet Inc. is a group of corporations that features Google and YouTube.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post