'We were married for 52 years': Earthquake survivors painful search for families in Antakya

Kasim Gündüz was in Antakya, southern Turkey when a 7.8 magnitude earthquake - adopted by a sequence of aftershocks - devastated the nation early Monday morning. 

A catastrophe during which Kasim misplaced his household following the collapse of the constructing he lived in.

Kasim instructed Euronews' Worldwide Correspondent Anelise Borges,that he has been handed his son’s physique in a plastic bag. 

widget--size-fullwidth
widget--align-center">
We had been married for 52 years

Kasim Gündüz

Earthquake survivor from Antakya

He's nonetheless awaiting what he says will in all probability be his spouse’s stays.

“My spouse’s title is Shefika, I referred to as her gulum (my rose)… gulum… then I mentioned Shefika however I couldn’t hear something from her. There was no sound in any respect.”

The streets of Antakya are stuffed with folks - who like Kasim - are trying to find their family members.

One survivor instructed Euronews “my spouse instructed me the constructing is shaking, I instructed her no it’s not”, earlier than three flooring of their constructing collapsed onto them.

Turkish authorities are overwhelmed by the size of the catastrophe, as rescue groups search day and evening for survivors.

Watch the video in participant above.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post