Voices of Children: Organisation helps children cope with horror of war in Ukraine

In a quiet road within the Ukrainian capital, kids attempt to overlook the tales they hear in regards to the conflict. To assist them cope, each Saturday, group classes are organised by the Voices of Kids NGO.

“It’s a sort of fairy story world that's created right here for an hour the place the kids do not feel the stress,"says psychologist, Iryna Zhadik. "It’s primarily about releasing psychological stress." 

The kids may also seek the advice of the psychologists privately. Anna is anxious about her future.

 "Every little thing is someway blurred and I do not know tips on how to plan my future in any respect," she explains. "I can not plan something as a result of I perceive that one thing can fall close to my dwelling at any second as a result of I dwell between two army bases."

The centre’s psychologists have been internally displaced from the war-torn jap areas of the nation.  Being displaced solely will increase misery, says Liudmyla, who got here to Kyiv together with her son after fleeing their dwelling in Luhansk.

Psychologists say emotional trauma is on the rise among the many inhabitants, particularly within the occupied areas.

"Extra persons are coming to see us for the reason that autumn. Extra folks with despair. We now name itthe 'anniversary syndrome' We understand that it’s due to the anniversary (of the invasion), however there is not any mild on the finish of the tunnel,” says Liudmyla.

I requested one 10-year-old boy, Nazar, what was his greatest dream?

"The most important one is to return dwelling, for Ukraine to be free, and for Russia to...die," he says. "My essential dream is to return dwelling. I miss it so much. It is actually painful.  For each my soul and my thoughts.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post