Lucy Hale Reveals It Took Her 13 Years To Get Sober

Lucy Hale is constant to go public along with her sobriety journey, revealing in a brand new interview that it took her round 13 years to get sober.

“I’ve by no means talked publicly about being sober ― I've a bit over a yr of sobriety,” the “Fairly Little Liars” star stated on an episode of “The Diary of a CEO” podcast launched on Wednesday. “I’ve been engaged on getting sober since I used to be 20. I’m 33. It takes time. It took time. And it took persistence with myself.”

Hale confessed that she’s “had an issue” with alcohol from the time that she had her first ingesting expertise when she was 14, explaining that she was a “textbook binge drinker” who would black out.

“I’ve by no means had a interval of my life the place I used to be a standard, average drinker. It was all the time, ‘Let’s go,’” Hale stated, including that she “was keen to only go to this loopy, darkish place each time” and felt that when she was ingesting, she was her “truest self.”

Hale visits the Build Series to discuss the CW series “Katy Keene” and the film “Fantasy Island” at Build Studio on Feb. 5, 2020, in New York City.
Hale visits the Construct Collection to debate the CW collection “Katy Keene” and the movie “Fantasy Island” at Construct Studio on Feb. 5, 2020, in New York Metropolis.
Gary Gershoff by way of Getty Photographs

“In fact, I attempted to be a average drinker, simply having two,” the actor stated, explaining that she views her relationship with ingesting as somebody who has “an allergy to alcohol.”

“My mind doesn’t work the identical manner as somebody who can simply have a glass of wine. It all the time needs extra. It’s like, craving that feeling,” she stated, later including that “Alcohol isn’t the issue — the issue is this sense inside me.”

“I attempted to vary for boyfriends, I attempted to vary for my mother, I attempted to vary for my profession, I attempted to vary for useless causes: I’m like, ‘Nicely, I’ll look youthful and be skinner ― I’ll cease ingesting for that,’” she admitted. “None of that shit works.”

Hale not too long ago disclosed that she celebrated one yr of sobriety in January, calling it “the best factor I’ve ever executed.”

“Whereas this journey has largely been non-public, I felt compelled tonight to let anybody who's struggling know that you're not alone and you might be cherished,” she stated.

Need assistance with substance use dysfunction or psychological well being points? Within the U.S., name 800-662-HELP (4357) for the SAMHSA Nationwide Helpline.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post