I had a fight on the bus home from Man Utd training… Sir Alex Ferguson was furious but gave me a pay rise

A FORMER Manchester United defender has revealed how a combat on a bus led to his largest telling of from Sir Alex Ferguson and a pay rise.

Wes Brown spent 14 years on the Outdated Trafford membership making 362 appearances for Sir Alex Ferguson's facet having damaged into the crew as an 18 yr previous.

Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson overseeing a training session.
Former Manchester United supervisor Sir Alex Ferguson overseeing a coaching session.Credit score: Information Group Newspapers Ltd

Sir Alex Ferguson overseeing a training session at Manchester United's Carrington base.
Sir Alex Ferguson overseeing a coaching session at Manchester United's Carrington base.Credit score: Information Group Newspapers Ltd

The defender performed a key half within the treble success of 1999 overlaying at full again and centre again all through that season.

Spending nicely over a decade at United Brown witnessed and acquired the well-known hair dryer therapy from Ferguson many occasions.

Talking to the Soccer Social Every day podcast Brown revealed the largest bust up he had with the long-lasting Scotsman.

He stated: “I turned professional at 17 and began taking part in at 18, and in that point I nonetheless hadn't signed one other contract, so I used to be in all probability on about £250 every week."

Brown added: "After which I had a combat on a bus going residence as a result of I bought the bus in every single place, the 192 into Piccadilly."

"One thing occurred on the bus and my supervisor (Ferguson) discovered and he stated to me 'what the f*** are you doing on the bus?'

"I stated, 'I've at all times bought the bus, boss' and he is shouting at me for getting a bus and telling me to get a taxi."

The previous defender concluded: "I defined to him that I could not afford a taxi as a result of that will be £14 a day, £7 from my home to Salford.

"Nonetheless residing with my mum and I would like to present her some cash and shopping for snide Ralph Laurens to exit.

"He stopped shouting at me after that. And he was like 'yeah, nicely we'll type that out'.

Wes Brown won 23 England caps
Wes Brown received 23 England capsCredit score: PA

"And that is just about how that went. So the precise incident bought forgotten about so I used to be completely happy about that.”

Brown had a glittering profession at Outdated Trafford successful an array of titles together with 5 Premier Leagues and three FA Cups.

The 43-year-old can also be a part of small group of United gamers who've received the Champions League twice having lifted the well-known trophy in 1999 and 2008.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post