'Monday Night Football' Alum Reveals She Had Miscarriage On Live TV

NFL gamers generally danger severe harm on the enjoying discipline ― and so did former sideline reporter Lisa Guerrero.

The present “Inside Version” investigative journalist revealed in her new memoir, “Warrior,” that she as soon as skilled a miscarriage whereas protecting a recreation on stay TV, in accordance with Folks.

Again in 2003, Guerrero labored the sidelines on “Monday Night time Soccer” for one season. It was a irritating time, she wrote, partially as a result of she needed to take care of what she calls an “ugly misogyny operating rampant by way of sports activities radio airwaves — and I used to be their good goal.”

Guerrero stated she was attacked for her garments, her lengthy hair and even for carrying pink nail polish. Including to the issue, she found the rationale she hadn’t had a interval since beginning the “MNF” job wasn’t due to stress — she was pregnant.

Guerrero stated that she and her then-husband, Scott Erickson, had agreed years earlier than they didn’t need kids, however admits “fantasizing” about what their youngster may appear like.

However one night time whereas working a recreation, she stated “felt a dampness” between her legs. At first, she thought she had simply gotten her interval earlier than remembering she was pregnant.

"Monday Night Football" sideline reporter Lisa Guerrero interviews Pro Football Hall of Famer Marcus Allen during the Hall of Fame game between the Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs at Fawcett Stadium on Aug. 4, 2003, in Canton, Ohio.
"Monday Night time Soccer" sideline reporter Lisa Guerrero interviews Professional Soccer Corridor of Famer Marcus Allen through the Corridor of Fame recreation between the Inexperienced Bay Packers and the Kansas Metropolis Chiefs at Fawcett Stadium on Aug. 4, 2003, in Canton, Ohio.
David Maxwell through Getty Pictures

“I used to be having a miscarriage! I may really feel blood leaking,” she wrote within the guide.

Guerrero instructed her assistant she was going to the lavatory and he instructed her, “They’re about to throw to you.” After she delivered the stay report, she was dizzy and nauseated “however reminded myself to face up straight.” The ache was excruciating, she stated.

“I heard myself mispronounce a participant’s title and knew I’d hear about it later,” Guerrero stated. “As quickly as I completed, I raced off to interview a coach. Then I headed to the lavatory. As I sat on the bathroom, I couldn’t consider the blood pouring out of me. It had soaked by way of my pants. I shoved a bunch of paper towels in my underwear.”

Guerrero admitted that it by no means occurred to her to inform somebody she was having a medical emergency or that she ought to have gone to a hospital as a substitute of doing the sport.

“The one thought that crossed my thoughts was that I may get by way of the remainder of the sport so long as I buttoned up my lengthy winter coat. That manner, nobody would see the blood,” she stated.

Guerrero attends the 49th Daytime Emmy Awards at Pasadena Convention Center on June 24, 2022, in Pasadena, California.
Guerrero attends the forty ninth Daytime Emmy Awards at Pasadena Conference Heart on June 24, 2022, in Pasadena, California.
Amy Sussman through Getty Pictures

After the sport, Guerrero determined not to return to the manufacturing truck to speak to producers.

“As an alternative, I headed to the aircraft. Within the lavatory [on board], I modified garments, and dumped my underwear and pants within the rubbish can,” she stated. “I appeared into the mirror and didn’t acknowledge the pale, gaunt, scared, and so very drained lady who stared again at me.”

Guerrero confronted a whole lot of flak when she started at “Monday Night time Soccer,” with commentator Keith Olbermann suggesting on the time that announcers John Madden and Al Michaels resign in protest of her hiring.

“I used to be terrified,” Guerrero instructed the New York Publish in 2021. “Folks at house in all probability checked out it as, ‘She’s fearful of the job. She’s intimidated by “Monday Night time Soccer.”’ I wasn’t afraid of the job. I used to be afraid of [executive producer Fred Gaudelli]. I used to be afraid of him screaming at me after each recreation and through the recreation. I cried each recreation. It was terrible.”

“Warrior” hits shops Jan. 23.

Send Flowers

How To Assist A Good friend By means of Miscarriage

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post