Former 'Cheers' Co-Stars, Hollywood Celebs Pay Tribute To Kirstie Alley

Kirstie Alley’s “Cheers” household and different former co-stars paid tribute to the late actor this week after she died on Monday at age 71.

“I used to be on a aircraft at the moment and did one thing I not often do,” Ted Danson, who performed Sam Malone on the traditional TV sitcom, informed Folks. “I watched an previous episode of ‘Cheers.’ It was the episode the place Tom Berenger proposes to Kirstie, who retains saying no regardless that she desperately needs to say sure.”

“As I received off the aircraft, I heard that Kirstie had died,” the 74-year-old added. “I'm so unhappy and so grateful for all of the occasions she made me giggle. I ship my like to her kids. As they effectively know, their mom had a coronary heart of gold. I'll miss her.”

Danson was joined by fellow “Cheers” alums Rhea Perlman and Kelsey Grammer, who respectively performed Carla Tortelli and Dr. Frasier Crane. Grammer informed Folks “grief for a public determine is a personal matter,” however did say that he “liked her.”

Perlman stated Alley’s “pleasure of being was boundless.”

“We turned buddies nearly immediately when she joined the forged of ‘Cheers,’” Perlman continued. “She liked children and my children liked her, too. We had sleepovers at her home, with treasure hunts that she created. … I’m going to overlook her very, very a lot.”

Kirstie Alley and her "Cheers" co-stars.
Kirstie Alley and her "Cheers" co-stars.
NBC through Getty Photographs

Alley’s kids confirmed Monday on Twitter that she died of most cancers that was “solely just lately found.” Her ex-husband Parker Stevenson wrote on Instagram he was “grateful for our years collectively,” in addition to their kids “and now grandchildren.”

“I’ve simply heard the unhappy information that Kirstie Alley has died,” wrote Jamie Lee Curtis, her “Scream Queens” co-star, on Instagram. “She was an awesome comedian foil in [‘Scream Queens’] and a lovely mama bear in her very actual life. She helped me purchase onesies for my household that 12 months for Christmas.”

Alley beforehand informed ET that she first met Curtis on the set of a recreation present after shifting to Los Angeles. Alley “didn’t have any cash” and was fully star-struck by Curtis, who served as a star choose on the panel — however was good sufficient to introduce herself.

Alley transitioned from TV actor to recognizable film star with roles in “Look Who’s Speaking” and “Drop Useless Attractive.” She was one of many few Hollywood celebrities to publicly assist Donald Trump and was an ardent Scientologist.

Denise Richards, her “Drop Useless Attractive” co-star, and different Hollywood figures have additionally posted tributes on Twitter, which may be seen beneath.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post