Keke Palmer Admits She Felt 'Trapped' By Nickelodeon Fame

Keke Palmer has made historic leaps in her profession, together with turning into the first Black girl to land her personal present on Nickelodeon.

However now she’s trying again on a tough time with the community that left her feeling “trapped.”

In a dialog with The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday, the “Nope” actor recalled a time when she was provided an all-expenses-paid journey courtesy of the (now discontinued) Nickelodeon Cruises at age 15.

Although she was conscious that she must commit time to signing autographs, she anticipated with the ability to additionally unwind along with her household. Nonetheless, issues didn’t go in keeping with plan, with Palmer admitting she spent many of the journey in her resort room.

“I felt like I used to be strolling round in a SpongeBob go well with that I couldn’t take off,” Palmer stated, who starred because the main woman within the sequence “True Jackson, VP.”

“I used to be trapped. I couldn’t depart my room with out somebody coming as much as me calling me True Jackson. What you might be, to everybody, is only a character … simply a part of their expertise,” she continued.

The primetime Emmy winner even shared that she finally fainted from nervousness throughout the journey.

She starred within the teen sitcom, which aired from 2008-2011, earlier than showing in 2006′s “Akeelah and the Bee” and Disney’s 2007 movie “Bounce In.”

Palmer, who later moved on to take extra mature grownup roles in initiatives similar to “Pimp” (2018), “Hustlers” (2019) and “Alice” (2022), additionally spoke on the work she put in to construct a public persona separate from her childhood legacy.

“I’m simply saying that I’m not like that on a regular basis,” she defined. “I’ve taken these flamboyant and attention-grabbing points of myself and discovered how one can use them in an area that has turn out to be a profession for me. I’m Walt Disney. That’s Mickey Mouse.”

The entertainer was named the most recent face of the UGG model in September and launched her Key TV Community’s first sequence, “Heaux & Inform,” earlier this month.

Talking on her digital community’s debut in an interview with xoNecole, the actor defined, “KeyTV is about bringing new views to the desk and platforming creators who've one thing to say. General, I would like the community to ship content material that's relatable to our era with characters you're feeling like , and ‘Heaux & Inform,’ our first scripted sequence, delivers on that and extra.”

She added that the present seen “by means of the eyes of three Black ladies” is about “actual characters coping with their issues, their wins, and their lovers in real-time – and having some actual good messy enjoyable alongside the best way.”

New episodes of “Heaux & Inform” drop each Thursday on KeyTV Community’s official Fb and YouTube channels.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post