Brendan Fraser Says He Won't Attend Golden Globes Because He's Not A 'Hypocrite'

Actor Brendan Fraser is getting awards buzz for his function as a 600-pound English trainer in “The Whale,” however he’s already advised one awards present to buzz off.

In an interview with GQ printed Wednesday, Fraser mentioned that he plans to skip the Golden Globes ceremony in January even when he’s nominated for an award.

“I've extra historical past with the Hollywood International Press Affiliation than I've respect for the Hollywood International Press Affiliation,” Fraser mentioned, referring to the group behind the awards. “No, I can't take part.”

He added:

“It’s due to the historical past that I've with them. And my mom didn’t elevate a hypocrite. You may name me quite a lot of issues, however not that.”

In a 2018 interview with GQ, Fraser accused former HFPA President Philip Berk of sexually assaulting him at a 2003 luncheon in Beverly Hills.

“I felt ailing. I felt like a bit child. I felt like there was a ball in my throat. I believed I used to be going to cry. I felt like somebody had thrown invisible paint on me,” Fraser advised the journal. He mentioned the incident performed a serious function in his disappearance from the limelight for over a decade.

Berk did reportedly give an apology letter to Fraser, however advised GQ it “admitted ‘no wrongdoing’” and was “the standard ‘If I’ve accomplished something that upset Mr. Fraser, it was not supposed and I apologize.’ ”

On this week’s interview, Fraser maintains that the group by no means apologized to him (the HFPA denies that), however mentioned if it did try to make amends “it must be, I don’t know, what’s the phrase I’m on the lookout for... honest?”

He added:

“I'd need some gesture of constructing medication out of poison in some way. I don’t know what that's. However that might be my hope.”

The HFPA didn't instantly reply to HuffPost’s request for remark.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post