Serena Williams’ Last Match Was The Most-Viewed Tennis Broadcast In ESPN History

Tennis icon Serena Williams’ final match was the most-viewed tennis broadcast in ESPN historical past, based on the community.

Her Friday match at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York Metropolis averaged 4.2 million viewers. Some 4.8 million watched the match from 7:15 p.m.to 10:15 p.m., whereas 6.9 million viewers tuned in at 10:15 p.m.

The 42-year-old’s quest for her twenty fourth Grand Slam title ended when she misplaced to Australian participant Ajla Tomljanovic on Friday. Williams beforehand beat No. 2 seed Anett Kontaveit of Estonia and Danka Kovinic of Montenegro to advance within the event.

Williams introduced her retirement from tennis in an August interview with Vogue.

“I’m right here to inform you that I’m evolving away from tennis, towards different issues which might be essential to me,” she wrote. “I’m torn: I don’t need it to be over, however on the identical time I’m prepared for what’s subsequent.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post