Chris Rock Breaks Silence On Will Smith’s ‘Hostage’ Apology Video

Comedian Chris Rock tore into Will Smith’s video apologizing for slapping him on the Oscars earlier this 12 months.

“Fuck your hostage video,” Rock stated throughout a weekend gig at London’s O2 Enviornment, in keeping with Deadline.

Smith slapped Rock after the comedian joked about Smith’s spouse, Jada Pinkett Smith, who has a shaved head on account of a hair-loss situation referred to as alopecia.

“Jada, I like you,” Rock stated from the stage throughout the Oscars ceremony. ”‘G.I. Jane 2,’ can’t wait to see it.”

In response, Will Smith marched onto the stage, slapped Rock then returned to his seat and shouted: “Maintain my spouse’s identify out your fucking mouth!”

“So, I'll say to you, Chris, I apologize to you,” Smith stated. “My conduct was unacceptable and I’m right here everytime you’re prepared to speak.”

“There is no such thing as a a part of me that thinks that was the precise solution to behave in that second,” Smith added. “There’s no a part of me that thinks that's the optimum solution to deal with a sense of disrespect or insult.”

Not solely was Rock not shopping for it, he additionally defended his joke.

“Did that shit damage?” Dave Chappelle, who was additionally on the occasion in London, requested Rock, per The Guardian.

Rock replied: “Goddam proper … the motherfucker hit me over a bullshit joke – the nicest joke I ever advised.”

Smith, who would go on to win the Finest Actor award that evening, resigned from the Academy of Movement Image Arts and Sciences. The Academy additionally banned him from the Oscars for 10 years.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post