Girl, Why The F**k Can’t I Stop Listening To This Beyoncé Album?

There’s crack rock in that album. I imply, hardcore medicine. And precisely which album I’m speaking about.

Beyoncé’s seventh solo studio album, “Renaissance,” was launched July 29. Since then, I’ve listened to it an estimated 495,372 instances. I haven’t been in a position to take heed to the rest. I take heed to it on the fitness center, on the practice, after I’m unhappy, after I’m completely happy, with my mates, after I’m on the telephone with my mama. I’m by no means not listening to this album.

It’s the lyrics, the transitions, the bad-bitch angle oozing from this album — my God! This physique of labor is infectious as hell. My thoughts is not mine. It belongs to Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter. She has me in a full nelson and pulls the precise strings she must in order that I involuntarily shout “UNIQUE” not less than 36 instances a day. I’m pissed.

“All Up in Your Thoughts” is rattling proper as a result of for almost a month straight I’ve woken up with one of many 16 tracks on this home, ballroom-inspired, Afro-Caribbean-infused album caught in my head earlier than I may even open my eyes to greet the day. Hell, I even by accident instructed an outdated woman on the street to “transfer, transfer, transfer, transfer” whereas singing alongside on my routine scorching woman stroll.

It’s sick. Beyoncé is really America’s drawback.

And it’s not even simply me that thinks so. Open Twitter proper now. Or TikTok. And even Instagram for that matter. Truly, simply stroll exterior. You’re gonna hear this rattling album in extra. It didn’t dominate the Billboard charts by coming in because the No. 1 album and charting all 16 songs on the Sizzling 100 by itself.

We’re all addicted. Simply look.

@jalenjaleel

An electrical slide to this hoe would GO!😮‍💨

♬ unique sound - Jalen Jaleel

Truthfully, I’m not even making an attempt to battle it anymore. I give up.

All the pieces is horrible proper now: There are a number of lively and regarding public well being crises occurring, inflation is driving up the price of every little thing, and we nonetheless must work to outlive in an unjust society that marginalizes us in insidious methods. Fairly frankly, we would have liked this album.

“Renaissance” could be very Black, very queer and really a lot a celebration of the trendsetters and tastemakers who're the spine of society. It’s physique constructive, it’s rebellious, it’s horny, it’s blissful, it’s numerous what we'd like extra of to fight this hellish panorama that's America rolled up into roughly 60 minutes.

While you press play and listen to the lyrics “These muthafuckas ain’t stopping me,” they turn into an affirmation and invitation to an auditory house that reminds you of how a lot of a pressure you might be authentically. This album creates an area to remind you that regardless of the troubles of the world, the obstacles you’re presently preventing, or the individuals and techniques who're towards you, you might be worthy. Worthy of affection, worthy of dancing, worthy of taking on area. So after all when a world icon and once-in-a-generation expertise tells you that shit over some fire-ass manufacturing whereas paying homage to the women and the gays who’ve paved the way in which for a masterpiece like this to exist, it’s addictive.

Witnessing the power at Membership Renaissance events occurring throughout the nation is proof.

“Renaissance” is a non secular expertise. “Alien Famous person” helps you to neglect in regards to the issues of this world and put your self on a pedestal that sits atop the universe. You take heed to “Cuff It” and dance carefree as hell with out even realizing you’re listening to a totally totally different tune when “Power” begins. You reward the journey whereas shaking ass to “Church Lady,” fall in love throughout “Plastic Off the Couch” and transport to a different dimension with “Virgo’s Groove.” You are feeling such as you could be rolling like Gucci Mane when “America Has a Drawback,” “Pure/Honey” and “Summer season Renaissance” shut the album.

Beyoncé put her whole pussy on this album.

Thoughts you, we don’t even have visuals but, a departure from what we sometimes count on from Beyoncé’s tasks over the previous decade. For now, it’s simply the music. No parts of shock. “Renaissance” implores us to essentially sit with simply the lyrics. And when the album ends and loops again to the start, it’s laborious to not get invigorated and hear yet again. You uncover an attractive and empowering gem with each hear. Even the songs you didn’t initially see it for turn into favorites. Now that’s a hell of a excessive.

“Renaissance” gives the salve of escapism and levity wanted for a time like this. And it’s simply actually fucking good.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post