Seems like he is aware of.
Actor Dave Coulier, lengthy rumored to be the topic of Alanis Morissette’s 1995 breakup anthem “You Oughta Know,” described in cringing element the second he first heard the tune and it realized it was probably about their transient relationship within the early ’90s.
“I hear the hook for ‘You Oughta Know’ come on the radio and I’m like, ‘Wow, this can be a actually cool hook,’” Coulier informed hosts Jim Norton and Sam Roberts on SiriusXM this week. “After which I begin listening to the voice. I’m like, ‘Wow! This woman can sing.’ And I had no concept that this was the document ... After which I used to be like, I’m listening to the lyrics going, ‘Ooh, oh, no! Oh, I can’t be this man.’”

The “Full Home” star didn’t specify which ‘You Oughta Know’ lyrics tipped him off. However he did speak about one other “Jagged Little Capsule” observe, “Proper By You,” which incorporates the road: “Your shake is sort of a fish.”
“I listened to the entire document and there was a variety of acquainted stuff that her and I had talked about,” he stated. “Like, ‘Your shake is sort of a fish.’ You realize, I’d go, ‘Hey, lifeless fish me,’ and we’d do that lifeless fish handshake.”
Listening to the album led Coulier to some revelations in regards to the relationship.
“I began listening to it and I assumed, ‘Ooh, I believe I could have actually harm this girl,’” he stated. “And that was my first thought.”
The comic informed the same story about “You Oughta Know” in a 2008 interview with the Calgary Herald, saying he heard the tune for the primary time on the radio whereas driving. However in 2019, he informed BuzzFeed the thought of him being the “supposed topic” of the tune was a “foolish city legend” fueled by media hypothesis.

For her half, Morissette has by no means revealed her inspiration. She stated on “Watch What Occurs Dwell With Andy Cohen” in 2019 that she was “intrigued” by the truth that a number of folks have claimed to be the tune’s antagonist.
“I simply suppose, if you happen to’re going to take credit score for a tune the place I’m singing about somebody being a douche or an asshole, you may not need to say, ‘Hey! That’s me!’” she stated.
Post a Comment