It will not be the largest debate within the galaxy, however loads of “Star Wars” followers have questioned over time: How, precisely, do you pronounce “AT-AT.”
Is it like @-@... or do you say every letter, A-T-A-T?
Display icon Mark Hamill provided some assist after the official Twitter account for the storied franchise lately joked in regards to the imperial walkers with a ballot wherein the reply was “AT-AT” both means:
The tweet drew hundreds of replies and retweets, with author Tara Dublin asking Hamill for his take:
However he wasn’t executed.
He added one other message, and briefly pinned it to his profile, that signifies there will not be a proper reply to any of the names and pronunciations ― and that comes straight from creator George Lucas:
The franchise has embraced Lucas’ imaginative and prescient on this regard.
As Display Rant famous in 2020, longtime Lucasfilm insider Dave Filoni spoke out on the subject at a Star Wars occasion in 2016.
“You'll be able to say at-at, you may say A-T-A-T, and you may say walker. I’m for all three,” he was quoted as saying. “That’s canon as a result of in [“The Clone Wars”] I've imperials say walkers, I've them say at-at, and I've them say A-T-A-T.”
Post a Comment