Clad in fight gear and armed with an assault rifle, longtime MSNBC intelligence analyst Malcolm Nance revealed Monday that he had joined Ukrainian forces combating on the bottom towards the Russian invasion.
“I spent fairly a little bit of time right here within the pre-war interval,” Nance, a U.S. Navy veteran, informed MSNBC’s Pleasure Reid through video hyperlink from Ukraine. “And when the invasion occurred, I had buddies who had been in Donetsk, who had been within the Ukrainian military, who had been writing to us and telling us, ‘We aren't going to outlive tonight. We now have been hit 500 instances.’”
“The extra I noticed of the conflict occurring, the extra I assumed, ‘I’m completed speaking, all proper? It’s time to take motion right here.’”
He mentioned he had joined the Worldwide Legion of Protection of Ukraine, a unit of Ukraine’s military opened by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in an effort to enable foreigners to affix the resistance towards Russia.
An MSNBC spokesperson informed The Day by day Beast that Nance is not an analyst for the community now that he has joined the worldwide legion.
“I’m right here to assist this nation struggle what is actually a conflict of extermination,” he mentioned. “That is an existential conflict, and Russia has introduced it to those individuals and they're mass murdering civilians. And there are individuals right here like me who're right here to do one thing about it.”
He mentioned the worldwide troops’ sole function is to “defend the harmless individuals of Ukraine from this Russian aggression” towards civilians.
“They bloodbath males, girls and kids, and that's everybody [in the legion] is right here.”
He appealed on to President Joe Biden for “counter-battery long-range artillery” to protect civilians towards rocket assaults.
“Russia has one benefit on the battlefield, and that's lengthy vary artillery,” he mentioned.
After serving within the Navy, Nance, 61, started showing on MSNBC and different nationwide information networks as an intelligence and terrorism professional and overseas coverage analyst. He has written a number of books on these topics.
Post a Comment