Megan Thee Stallion Says Tory Lanez Offered Her $1 Million To Stay Quiet About Shooting

Hip-hop star Megan Thee Stallion tearfully recounted the trauma of being shot final yr in her first televised interview concerning the incident, claiming Tory Lanez supplied her cash to remain quiet about him pulling the set off.

The Grammy-winning artist appeared in a sit-down “CBS Mornings” interview with Gayle King on Monday to present her account of the evening when she stated the Canadian rapper shot her a number of occasions within the toes following a celebration at Kylie Jenner’s Hollywood Hills home in July 2020.

“He stated, ‘I’m so sorry. Please don’t inform no person. I’ll give y’all $1 million if y’all don’t say nothing,’” stated Megan, whose actual title is Megan Pete. “And I’m like, ‘What are you speaking about? Why are you providing me cash proper now? Assist me. And in case you’re sorry, simply assist me.’”

When requested by King if she was “afraid in your life at the moment,” Megan responded, nodding, “I used to be actually scared ’trigger I had by no means been shot at earlier than.”

Her account aligns with what Los Angeles Police Division detective Ryan Stogner stated she informed him after the taking pictures. In a preliminary listening to within the Lanez case final yr, Stogner stated that Lanez “supplied her cash and begged her to please not say something,” telling her that he was on probation.

Elsewhere within the interview, Megan addressed why she initially lied to the cops who arrived on the scene, informing them that she injured her toes by stepping on damaged glass after the social gathering.

The remark has been used as a option to discredit Megan’s story by these siding with Lanez, who has continued to disclaim all of the allegations.

“The George Floyd incident had simply occurred and police are very a lot ’shoot first, ask questions after,” she stated. “I’ve been shot they usually’re about to kill anyone. One thing unhealthy is about to occur.”

“So after I see individuals attempt to use that towards me, to say I used to be mendacity ... I used to be mendacity to guard all of us,” she continued. “Generally I want I actually would have by no means stated that and informed the reality.”

Lanez, born Daystar Shemuel Shua Peterson, pleaded not responsible to the assault and weapons possession fees associated to the taking pictures in November 2021. The felony assault case continues to be ongoing, with the following court docket listening to set for September. If convicted, he faces a potential most sentence of twenty-two years and eight months in state jail.

The rapper was briefly taken into custody earlier this month after a choose dominated that his social media posts directed at Megan violated a protecting order that required him to not have any contact with the rapper. He was later launched with an elevated bail of $350,000.

In a press release to CBS forward of the interview, Lanez’s lawyer stated, “We stay up for addressing Ms. Pete’s claims ― together with all its inconsistencies, discrepancies and omissions ― in a court docket of regulation.”

Megan, nonetheless, is assured that justice will prevail in her case, telling King that she’s “moderately it play out in court docket and have the info come out ... than me having to plead my case.”

“I do know this occurred to me,” she stated. “I’m the sufferer. I’m not defending myself towards something. One thing occurred to me.”

Watch extra from Megan’s interview on “CBS Mornings” within the video above.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post