Emmanuel Macron pledges to be 'the president of all' after French election win

Emmanuel Macron has promised to be a "president for all" after securing victory in France's election runoff.

The incumbent President delivered his successful speech from the Champ de Mars in Paris after securing 58% of the vote.

"This new period won't be a continuation of the five-year time period that's coming to an finish however the collective invention of a brand new technique for 5 years of higher service to our nation and our youth," Macron stated.

The re-elected president arrived within the centre of Paris surrounded by his spouse and the kids of members of his marketing campaign staff.

He walked to his lectern from the Eiffel Tower to the tunes of Ode to Pleasure and the European Union anthem.

"I wish to thank all of the French women and men who, within the first and second rounds, positioned their belief in me to result in our venture for a extra impartial France and a stronger Europe," Macron instructed the gang.

"I additionally know that a lot of our compatriots have voted for me at present to not help the concepts I carry however to dam these of the far-right," he added

"And I wish to thank them right here and inform them that I'm conscious that this vote obliges me for the years to return."

Macron additionally referred to as on his supporters to not boo rival Marine Le Pen, who secured 42% of the second-round vote. Round 28% of France's voters additionally selected to abstain.

"From the start, I requested you by no means to whistle. As a result of any further, I'm now not the candidate of 1 camp however the president of all".

"I do know that for a lot of of our compatriots, who've chosen the intense proper at present, the anger and disagreements that led them to vote for this venture should even be answered. This shall be my accountability and that of these round me," Macron added.

France's 2022 presidential election held arguably extra significance than ever amid the struggle in Ukraine -- one thing Macron additionally addressed in his speech.

"The struggle in Ukraine is there to remind us that we're going by way of tragic instances when France should make its voice heard, present the readability of its selections, and construct its power in all areas. And we are going to do it," he stated.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post