Brothers Osborne Win First-Ever Grammy 1 Year After T.J. Osborne Comes Out As Gay

Brothers Osborne singer-guitarist T.J. Osborne grew to become visibly emotional Sunday night time as he and his real-life brother John gained their first-ever Grammy Award.

Final yr, T.J. grew to become the primary male artist signed to a significant nation label to return out as homosexual. He mirrored on that have within the track “Youthful Me,” which nabbed the Grammy for Greatest Nation Duo/Group Efficiency.

Because the Brothers Osborne took the stage to just accept their award, T.J. made it clear that he seen his band’s win as a deeply private triumph.

“I by no means thought that I'd have the ability to do music professionally due to my sexuality,” he instructed the gang. “I actually by no means thought it might be right here on the stage accepting a Grammy after having completed one thing I felt like was going to be life-changing, and doubtlessly in a really damaging means.”

T.J., who gave the impression to be holding again tears as he spoke, additionally supplied a shout-out to boyfriend Abi Ventura earlier than concluding his remarks.

Watch the Brothers Osborne win their first Grammy Award under.

“Right here I'm tonight, not solely accepting this Grammy Award with my brother, whom I like a lot, however I’m right here with a person that I like and who loves me again,” he mentioned. “I don’t know what I did to be so fortunate.”

T.J., a Maryland native, first addressed his sexuality in a February 2021 interview with Time journal. Although he’d been out to family and friends for years, he mentioned that he felt he owed it to his followers to reside overtly as his genuine self.

Although Nashville is residence to a rising subset of artists and personalities who establish as LGBTQ, T.J.’s announcement drew immediate reward from followers and advocacy teams provided that nation continues to be perceived as a conservative style.

Showing on Apple Music Nation’s “Trailblazers Radio With Fancy Hagood” final month, T.J. mentioned residing his reality nonetheless felt like “such an unbelievable aid” a yr later.

“I’d been sort of residing with these little fears all day day-after-day for years,” he mentioned on the time. “I feel I used to be additionally simply so excited to be freed from that burden.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post