Spoilt Prince Andrew made me run up four flights of stairs to shut curtains while he sat next to them, says former maid

PRINCE Andrew compelled a maid to run up 4 flights of stairs to shut­ his curtains — as he sat subsequent to them.

Former Buckingham Palace employee Charlotte Briggs was left in tears by the “demanding and entitled” Duke of York’s foul-mouthed rants.

The Duke of York’s former servant Charlotte Briggs has told how she suffered sweary outbursts from Prince Andrew
The Duke of York’s former servant Charlotte Briggs has advised how she suffered sweary outbursts from Prince AndrewCredit score: nb press ltd

Charlotte, 47, said she was left in tears and ended up hiding behind curtains to avoid the bad-tempered and 'entitled' royal
Charlotte, 47, mentioned she was left in tears and ended up hiding behind curtains to keep away from the bad-tempered and 'entitled' royalCredit score: Getty

Lazy Prince Andrew blew his high at a tiny hole in his curtains and yelled at his maid: “Can’t you f***ing do something proper?”

The Duke of York’s former servant Charlotte Briggs suffered his sweary outburst as she ran up and down stairs to take care of heavy drapes yards from the place he was sitting.

Charlotte, 47, mentioned she was left in tears and ended up hiding behind curtains to keep away from the bad-tempered and “entitled” royal.

She added: “This man fought for his nation within the Falklands however couldn’t stand as much as shut his personal curtains.

"It was completely ridiculous however spoke volumes about him.

“Andrew positively put a downer on issues. He thinks he’s above everybody.” In distinction, Charlotte mentioned different royals, together with Princes Charles and Edward, had been “great”.

She was 21 when she began work at Buckingham Palace in January 1996. Inside six months she received the job “no one needed” — being maid to Andrew shortly after his divorce from Sarah Ferguson.

The grumpy Duke, then 36 and a veteran of the Falklands Warfare, ­regularly flew off the deal with and anticipated every little thing to be performed for him.

Charlotte broke her silence after he was stripped of his army titles amid a intercourse assault lawsuit with Virginia Giuffre within the US.

Charlotte advised how his pillows had been embroidered with the Royal Crest, which needed to be useless centre on his four-poster along with his pyjamas and teddies rigorously laid out.

The mum of two, from Halifax, West Yorks, added: “I’d been there six months when the job to change into Andrew’s maid got here up. “He’d moved again to the Palace after his divorce from Fergie.

“No one needed the job due to his status for tantrums and sweary outbursts.

“It didn’t put me off. I believed, ‘Sod it, I’m going to go for it’. “I’d moved down from Yorkshire to Buckingham Palace and needed to tackle the problem, to take care of the royals.

“The primary few months I hadn’t seen many royals. Most of my time was spent specializing in places of work.

“I’d seen Edward on my first day. He opened the door for me to empty some bins and was pretty. “However this was my alternative to do what I’d come to London to do.

“I’d not been there lengthy — not lengthy sufficient to take care of a royal — however I believed I’m going to do it and I received the job.”

Andrew had arrange house on the “nursery flooring” the place he, Prince Charles, Edward and Anne had performed as kids.

However regardless of being a strapping grown man with a army background he refused to do something for himself, mentioned Charlotte.

She added: “There have been two of us and we labored on a rota from 6.30am to 11.30am after which in a while within the night.

"We’d flip down his mattress, take away his teddies, do the curtains and lay out his pyjamas. However he was a foul apple and behaved like a spoiled brat.

'IT WAS AWFUL'

“Actually you weren’t truly meant to be seen, you’d simply sneak in and do stuff.

“However he was a bit lazy and he would name down from his workplace and say, ‘Are you able to ship the maid to close the curtains’.

“They had been actually behind him and big — from flooring to ceiling and as excessive as a home. However he refused to stand up and shut them himself.

“I’d should get on my night costume, run up 4 flights of stairs and he’d be sitting there at his desk proper subsequent to them.

“One evening I’d performed all of it, I walked again into the hall and he got here out screaming, ‘Can’t you f***ing do something proper?’ I’d left slightly hole the place they met however they had been extraordinarily heavy.

“I used to be pondering, ‘You wish to shut your individual curtains’ however you possibly can’t say something. You need to soak up it.

“It was terrible and he introduced me to tears. I used to be solely 21 and had little life expertise.”

Charlotte added: “In Yorkshire if a lad had been to come back house and demand on another person drawing blinds he’d get a clip around the ear.

"He wouldn’t get away with that up right here. That’s what people do. They stand on their very own two toes and get on with it.

“I used to be a younger lady, a lot smaller than him, and I hadn’t served within the Navy.

“But, he sat at his desk and insisted on another person pulling his curtains. I’d be embarrassed.

“I’d sorted ladies-in-waiting and so they’d simply do issues by themselves. They had been pretty.

“However Andrew was extraordinarily demanding. Every little thing needed to be immaculate and he threw his weight round. I usually tried to cover.

'HE RUINED MY TIME AT THE PALACE'

“I’d see him come out and conceal behind the curtains and suppose, ‘Proper, he’s gone’.

“I used to name him Sir, however not Your Royal Highness. I didn’t suppose he deserved it. He ruined my time on the Palace and made it depressing.

“The others had been pretty. Charles and Edward, particularly. They weren’t something like Andrew.

“I ran into the Duke of Edinburgh within the hall and he was so good and gentlemanly.

“I used to be even hugged by Nelson Mandela. Andrew was a world away from him. You couldn’t get an even bigger distinction.

“Nelson Mandela appreciated every little thing he had and by no means underestimated the large accountability he had as a human being. Andrew was simply entitled.”

Charlotte added: “Everybody knew he was horrible. I’ve labored with all the opposite royals and they're very nice.

“Prince Andrew was my fundamental man however I additionally labored at Sandringham for Prince Charles simply earlier than Princess Diana died.

“Charles was so good and caring. He confirmed empathy and kindness.

“However Andrew was simply smug and it’s a disgrace as a result of it in all probability ruined my expertise.

“Perhaps if I hadn’t labored for him I might have stayed longer working for the royals.

“If I had labored for an additional one, like Charles or Edward, I feel I might have loved it far more.”

'IT'S THE QUEEN I FEEL SORRY FOR'

Charlotte, who lived within the Palace and was paid £600 a month, was pictured on the royal balcony forward of Trooping the Color in 1996.

She left shortly earlier than Diana’s loss of life in August 1997 after turning into lonely and returned to her dad and mom in Yorkshire. She went on to work in resorts however is now a full-time married mum.

Dad-of-two Andrew is claimed to be in turmoil after the Queen stripped him of royal titles as he faces a intercourse abuse trial.

Particulars of his indignant outbursts are prone to trigger him additional embarrassment as he prepares to offer sworn testimony towards claims by Ms Giuffre. She has accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was 17 — which he vehemently denies.

Andrew at the moment lives along with his former spouse Fergie at Royal Lodge in Windsor near the Fort.

However he's now dealing with calls to be evicted after he give up royal responsibility in 2019 amid hyperlinks to useless paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Charlotte added: “It’s the Queen I really feel sorry for. It should be arduous for her.”
Buckingham Palace and a spokesman for Prince Andrew declined to remark final evening.

Charlotte was 21 when she started work at Buckingham Palace in January 1996 - seen here in the middle
Charlotte was 21 when she began work at Buckingham Palace in January 1996 - seen right here within the centerCredit score: nb press ltd

Within six months Charlotte got the job 'nobody wanted' — being maid to Andrew shortly after his divorce from Sarah Ferguson
Inside six months Charlotte received the job 'no one needed' — being maid to Andrew shortly after his divorce from Sarah FergusonCredit score: nb press ltd

Andrew had moved back to the Palace after his divorce from Fergie
Andrew had moved again to the Palace after his divorce from FergieCredit score: Getty - Contributor

Charlotte left Buckingham Palace shortly before Diana’s death in August 1997 after becoming lonely and returned to her parents in Yorkshire
Charlotte left Buckingham Palace shortly earlier than Diana’s loss of life in August 1997 after turning into lonely and returned to her dad and mom in YorkshireCredit score: Getty

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post