Savvy mum shows off stunning DIY bedroom panelling she made for just £6 with wood meant for the DUMP

PANELLING may be very widespread in the mean time, however if you happen to haven’t received a large funds to get an expert to do it for you, don’t fear.

Joanne Mccabe, 45, a single mum-of-three from Swansea, beloved the on-trend panelling look, however couldn’t afford to purchase the wooden.

If you want to give your bedroom an upgrade, here's how you can do DIY panelling for a fraction of the normal price
If you wish to give your bed room an improve, here is how you are able to do DIY panelling for a fraction of the conventional valueCredit score: newest offers

Nonetheless, when a neighbour supplied her a load of planks that may have in any other case ended up within the tip, she knew she needed to create the panelled look she beloved in her personal bed room.

Joanne already had paint, a sander, wooden filler and a hand noticed sitting in her shed, so all she wanted to purchase had been two tubes of No NailsGlue totalling £5.98.

Joanne instructed LatestDeals.co.uk: "I got here up with the concept as a result of as a single mum or dad, cash will be tight and I've at all times beloved the look of panelling however by no means had the cash to afford to purchase the wooden.

“Then final 12 months a neighbour throughout the street gave me some wooden he was going to take to the tip and requested if I wished it.

“It sat in my backyard for months then I assumed 'why not give it a go? If it does not work I've wasted no cash!’

“All I had was a sander, wooden filler and a hand noticed, and the paint was a mix of paint from my shed, so actually all I had to purchase had been two tubes of No NailsGlue totalling £5.98”

Joanne revealed that she didn’t have a selected design in thoughts when she got down to do the panelling, however labored round a socket on her wall.

She continued: "I did not have a design in thoughts so I labored it across the socket on my wall in order that I wasn't left with little cuts.

"The very first thing I did was measure the center of my wall and propped a size of wooden in opposition to the wall.

“Then I received extra wooden and began to lean them up in opposition to the wall.

“This meant I might work out my design earlier than making any cuts so as soon as I labored out the place I wished the wooden to go, I caught the wooden to the wall.

"I did the underside first, then the perimeters, then the highest so it regarded like one large sq..

The single mum couldn't afford to buy the wood so was thrilled when her neighbour gave her planks that were meant for the dump
The one mum could not afford to purchase the wooden so was thrilled when her neighbour gave her planks that had been meant for the dumpCredit score: newest offers

Joanne didn't enjoy sanding down the wood as this was very time-consuming
Joanne did not take pleasure in sanding down the wooden as this was very time-consumingCredit score: newest offers

“Then I glued my lengthy center sections to the wall and from there that is the place I labored out how large I wished my squares.

“Within the in-between sections I went for 2 smaller squares and one bigger sq. simply to be a bit completely different as in most panelling I've seen, all of the squares are the identical dimension.”

Joanne revealed that her DIY panelling job was extra time-consuming that she initially thought.

She added: "The one bit I did not take pleasure in was sanding every little bit of wooden to make it easy, as a result of it was time-consuming, not like going to the store and shopping for MDF all easy!

"I connected all of the wooden to the wall utilizing the No Nails glue, then used wooden filler for the joints, then sanded them again.

"I then received some actually darkish navy paint out of my shed and blended it with white emulsion to present me a lighter color as I did not need to should spend cash on shopping for paint.

“It solely took two coats to cowl the wooden and the wall.

"I discovered what to do as simply by panelling you will get the gist of what you should do.

Joanne didn't want to spend money on buying paint so mixed some white emulsion with a navy paint that she had in her shed
Joanne did not need to spend cash on shopping for paint so blended some white emulsion with a navy paint that she had in her shedCredit score: newest offers

“My perspective was 'if it does not work then I have never wasted any cash’, that is why I did not thoughts giving such an enormous undertaking a go.

“After doing the panelling, I tackled the flooring.

"I did not have cash for a carpet so I hand-sanded the ground and acquired two tins of white chalk paint and a bath of wax - so my flooring price £28!”

Joanne is thrilled together with her DIY panelling job and may’t consider how a lot cash she has been capable of save.

She defined: "I am actually happy with myself for taking up such an enormous undertaking and reaching the look I used to be going for.

FABULOUS BINGO: GET A £5 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED

"I like going into my bed room now - it feels actually cosy and fashionable and the very best bit is it price lower than £6.

“One thing like this is able to sometimes have price a whole bunch, which is method out of my funds.

"I say if anybody is considering of giving it a go, simply go for it!

“If I can do it with no joinery expertise, I am certain there are others that may obtain the identical outcomes.

"I nonetheless have loads of wooden left over so I am considering of doing my sitting room subsequent!”

Joanne is thrilled with her panelling and extremely pleased at the money she saved
Joanne is thrilled together with her panelling and intensely happy on the cash she savedCredit score: newest offers

In the meantime, DIY fanatic shares simple method she remodeled her outdated kitchen facet into ‘marble’ and it saved her 1000's.

Additionally, I used to be quoted £4K to do up my lavatory however did it myself utilizing bargains from Amazon and saved 1000's.

In addition to this, I drew on my wall with a pen two years in the past to save lots of a whole bunch on wallpaper, persons are at all times amazed at the way it appears to be like now.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post