I’ve spent £25k transforming my boring beige home into a pink paradise – I’ve always been obsessed with the colour

A MUM has remodeled her drab household dwelling right into a pastel pink paradise.

Haylea McDonald, 36 from Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, has spent the final 4 years designing and creating her dream home.

It's pink palace heaven for Haylea
It is pink palace heaven for HayleaCredit score: Mercury

The home is light, bright and cotton-candy pink
The house is gentle, brilliant and cotton-candy pinkCredit score: Mercury

The inventive beautician and her husband, James McDonald, 41, have forked out greater than £25,000 on pink objects and rose gold renovations together with a brand new kitchen and conservatory.

It was her life-long obsession with the girly color that impressed the house makeover.

She stated: “I was a ballerina after I was youthful and I've all the time worn pink outfits – it’s simply all the time been my favorite color.

“It’s my factor, it’s what I’m recognized for and it’s one thing I’ve by no means grown out of.

FABULOUS BINGO: GET A £5 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED

“I really like French country-style properties however I discover them bland so I wished to take that fashion and add my very own contact.

"I’m not into tremendous brilliant, Barbie-style pink.

"I don’t consider my dwelling as cheesy."

Nevertheless, her husband wasn’t all the time on board with the girlish décor and wanted some convincing.

Haylea stated: “I feel loads of women would have their dream dwelling in the event that they didn’t stay with somebody who put their foot down on a regular basis.

“I’ve all the time cherished pink since a very younger age – we’ve been collectively 18 years and he met me that method.

“I wished to be completely different - initially, I simply wished a pink door however he stated no.

“Then sooner or later, I feel he received sick of me asking and ended up portray it himself.

“We’re recognized for being completely different and now a number of homes across the village now have pink doorways too.”

Haylea exhibits off her blush-pink palace on Instagram and while the responses are primarily optimistic, the beautician admits that some should not joyful that males additionally stay there.

She stated: "There have been a number of feedback about my husband - some folks inform me that my man is not a person as a result of he lives in a pink home.

"Others do not imagine I truly stay there with a child as a result of it is so clear.

"Total, I have been fairly fortunate as a result of most individuals like it - there's simply the occasional nasty comment."

Each room together with the backyard matches the mum-of-one's cotton-candy aesthetic, besides her son's bed room.

Mason, 6, is the one man in the home that Haylea can't totally persuade with the pink theme.

Haylea stated: “He moans about it now and again however he’s very laid again.

“I don’t need him to get bullied – his bed room is gray and white however I add terracotta orange items in his room so it doesn’t stray too removed from the theme.

“Fortunately, he doesn’t actually care and sees it as an excellent factor – it’s good to be completely different."

The couple have already spent greater than over £25,000 since shopping for the home 4 years in the past nevertheless, she claims that there's nonetheless extra work to do.

She stated: "Day by day off we've got, we do one thing for the home.

"We’re solely midway completed – we wish a loft extension for an additional story and there’s nonetheless tons to do.

"It’s all deliberate – I need to add in pink wardrobes, and a pink-tiled en-suite with a gold bathe."

While Haylea admits that she’s spent a fortune on the make-over, she is pleased with her artful concepts which saved her some money.

She stated: "I made the couch out of a pair of curtains - some wacky pink issues are onerous to come back by so we needed to make loads of stuff ourselves."

"I look on Instagram and there is a few pink based mostly corporations I like to purchase from however I additionally love Primark they’re the very best for affordable candles and equipment.

"I really like Residence Bargains simply as a lot as everybody else however everybody finally ends up getting the identical issues and I prefer to be distinctive."

Haylea is now thrilled together with her dream dwelling and has even inspired different ladies to observe in her footsteps.

She stated: "I've obtained messages from ladies who've confirmed photos of my dwelling to their husbands.

"They've used my photos to indicate you possibly can have a pink girly home in a non-tacky method.

"Your home ought to mirror your self and that’s what mine does - I am so proud of it."

Haylea's husband helped paint the front door
Haylea's husband helped paint the entrance doorCredit score: Mercury

Their old front door was bleak and grey
Their previous entrance door was bleak and grayCredit score: Mercury

She even has her own beautician room where Haylea can work and have clients over
She even has her personal beautician room the place Haylea can work and have shoppers overCredit score: Mercury

The living room was grey and bland before
The lounge was gray and bland earlier thanCredit score: Mercury

Now the front room is bright, soft and luxurious
Now the entrance room is brilliant, comfortable and splendidCredit score: Mercury

The kitchen was neutral and dark
The kitchen was impartial and darkishCredit score: Mercury

Now the kitchen is a pastel delight as pink splash back tiles and rose gold accessories lift the room
Now the kitchen is a pastel delight as pink splash again tiles and rose gold equipment raise the roomCredit score: Mercury

The couple's son's room has escaped Haylea's pink design touches for now
The couple's son's room has escaped Haylea's pink design touches for nowCredit score: Mercury

Haylea has her very own 'glam station'
Haylea has her very personal 'glam station'Credit score: Mercury

The pink and white theme continues outdoors too
The pink and white theme continues open air tooCredit score: Mercury

The couple, who have been together for 18 years, of course continue the theme in their own bedroom
The couple, who've been collectively for 18 years, in fact proceed the theme in their very own bed roomCredit score: Mercury

The kitchen has stunning french doors that lead out to the pink themed garden
The kitchen has beautiful french doorways that lead out to the pink themed backyardCredit score: Mercury

A white wooden patio gives the garden a beachy feel
A white wood patio provides the backyard a beachy really feelCredit score: Mercury

For extra home tales, try we’ve turned our dated home right into a dream dwelling on a finances – we’d by no means completed DIY earlier than & added £45k to the worth

Plus, I remodeled my boring, worn out bed room into a comfy house for lower than £100 utilizing bargains from ALDI, Wilko and IKEA

This savvy girl turns kitchen from drab to fab with Amazon and Dunelm bargains and it saved her £1.3k

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post