I was catfished by man pretending to be a business owner – I was stunned by what I found out next

A MUM has informed how she was catfished by a person pretending to be enterprise proprietor.

Julie Haynes determined to offer courting apps a go after splitting up from the dad of her two children.

Mum-of-two Julie Haynes began speaking to a man on a dating site
Mum-of-two Julie Haynes started chatting with a person on a courting websiteCredit score: Instagram

When she tried to meet up with him she figured out he was a catfish
When she tried to fulfill up with him she found out he was a catfishCredit score: Instagram

She began chatting to who she thought was a builder along with his personal agency - however in actuality she was chatting with an engaged man residing in Newcastle.

The shocked mum, from from Co Cork, Eire, was led to imagine the enterprise proprietor lived in Clare.

She informed RSVP Reside: “There are some weirdos on the market. I've heard some beautiful tales about individuals assembly their boyfriends on Tinder or Bumble, and you may get fortunate - however I haven’t been.

“So I used to be chatting to this lad and he was telling me his life story. He informed me he was a builder, he had his personal firm and he had 4 or 5 lads working underneath him.

“He mentioned he had moved to Cork from Clare as a result of he wished to increase his enterprise in Cork.

“We had been chatting away, I used to be considering this man actually has a superb head on his shoulders, and he was working in Douglas which is simply about 20 minutes away from me.”

Julie preferred the person as he was “at all times respectful” and by no means tried something inappropriate.

After a while chatting, the person requested Julie out on a espresso date.

Julie defined: “I requested my mum to babysit the children, and I did my hair and my make-up.

“We had been meant to fulfill at 4 o’clock so I texted him about three to ask what the story was as I hadn’t heard something.

“He mentioned ‘I’m so sorry, one thing large has occurred at work. A wall fell down, there’s drama.’

“Alarm bells began ringing for me then. I used to be like, why didn’t he textual content me earlier when the wall first fell down? Why did he wait till the final minute?”

Suspicious Julie determined to do some investigating into who she was chatting with - utilizing an Irish obituary website.

She mentioned: “My dad had handed away and this man had informed me his personal dad had additionally handed away and he informed me his identify, so I made a decision to perform a little research.

“I went on to RIP.ie and I regarded him up, and I discovered him, a person who owned this massive enterprise in Limerick. It mentioned he was mourned by his sons, and their names. 

“So I went on to social media and regarded up all of the boys. However the man that I used to be chatting to was not him in any respect!

“I referred to as him out on it and he blocked me immediately!”

And when Julie posted an image of the person to warn different girls she was met by a fair greater shock.

She mentioned: “5 different women got here ahead and despatched me screenshots and it was the identical man.

“One other woman had discovered the true man’s web page and he or she despatched me the hyperlink. He’s over in Newcastle. 

"The catfish man had screenshotted one in every of his Fb photos, and his work crest was on his t-shirt. So she Googled the office and located the man.

“I went on to his Instagram web page, he looks like a stunning, regular man. He obtained engaged on New 12 months’s Eve in New York!”

She added: “He simply wished to talk, which was weird. I don’t know if it was a lady behind the web page, or only a lonely man."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post