'I am burning with shame': Protester in Russia slams Ukraine invasion

A protester in Russia says he's "burning with disgrace" over his nation's invasion of Ukraine.

The person was talking at an anti-war protest within the jap metropolis of Yekaterinburg on Saturday, the place at the least 69 folks have been arrested.

"I’m ashamed," he stated. "I haven’t been capable of stay usually for a number of days. I’m burning with disgrace. I’m infinitely ashamed of what's occurring. It’s scary for many who аre there and for many who are right here."

"It might’t be any worse," stated a girl. "We're the aggressor state. And persons are dying due to us. And it disgusts me."

The feedback got here as anti-war demonstrations befell for a 3rd successive day in Russia, together with one within the second-largest metropolis St Petersburg.

Over the previous 72 hours, police have arrested greater than 3,000 peaceable protesters in response to OVD, an impartial rights monitoring group in Russia. Over 200 of these detained have been in Moscow and over 100 in St Petersburg.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post