Driver who crashed into ex stabbing mum to death reveals ‘my instant thought was to protect her’ & slams murder arrest

A ‘VIGILANTE’ driver who mowed down and killed a knifeman who stabbed his ex-wife to demise has as we speak revealed that his "on the spot thought" was to guard her.

Wafah Chkaifi, 43, was stabbed to demise by her ex Leon McCaskie, 41, after dropping her kids off in school in Maida Vale, West London.

The driver attempted to save Wafah after watching the brutal attack
The motive force tried to save lots of Wafah after watching the brutal assaultCredit score: pixel8000

Leon McCaskie stabbed his ex-wife to death in the attack
Leon McCaskie stabbed his ex-wife to demise within the assault

Eyewitnesses heard the driving force sceream "what have I carried out" when he ploughed into violent McCaskie after he stabbed the mum-of-two.

Police arrested the 26-year-old driver on suspicion of homicide, however have since launched him on bail after quizzing him.

The motive force of the automobile, identified solely as Abraham, has damaged his silence over the horror - saying his “on the spot” thought was to “defend the girl who had been stabbed and the general public.”

In a press release he stated: “I'm an individual of excellent character. I've by no means been arrested earlier than in my life.

“I witnessed a person repeatedly stabbing a defenceless girl on the pavement a brief distance in entrance of my automobile.

“Members of the general public had been making an attempt to intervene. The attacker was wielding a knife and was threatening these courageous residents too.

“I'm deeply sorry that the person I attempted to cease from attacking different individuals has died. It was by no means my intention to hurt him, I simply wished to buy him from hurting anyone additional.

“My solely remorse is that god didn't permit me to be current on the scene sooner in order that my intervention might have saved the lifetime of the younger girl involved.”

1000's of individuals have backed the driving force as a "hero" after his actions, and arrange a petition to cease him being charged.

Abraham added: "My on the spot thought was to guard the girl who had been stabbed and the general public who had been additionally being threatened.

"The automobiles forward of me moved off which gave me the chance to intervene.

"I drove my automobile in direction of the attacker with a view to get him away from the girl he was attacking.

"I didn't intend to hurt the attacker, I solely supposed to guard these being attacked. My automobile struck the attacker, and he was taken underneath my automobile inflicting it to stall, I couldn't reverse my automobile to free him.

"I and different passers-by tried to carry the automobile away from the attacker so we may present the person with first assist. Sadly we had been unsuccessful on this.

"I perceive that the police are doing their job and my being arrested is just not uncommon.

A lawyer has given a statement on behalf of the driver, known as Abraham
A lawyer has given a press release on behalf of the driving force, often known as AbrahamCredit score: Twitter

The driver has been bailed after being arrested on suspicion of murder
The motive force has been bailed after being arrested on suspicion of homicideCredit score: Solar

"Nonetheless, I don't see why I as the one who tried to help within the defence of different human beings stay arrested and on bail underneath suspicion of homicide.

"I've requested my solicitor to contact the Metropolitan Police to request that they think about de-arresting me and start treating me as a witness to a tragic occasion slightly than as a felony as they at present are.

"I'm a household man and want to maintain my household protected against these ill-fated occasions."

So way over 20,000 individuals have given their assist to Abraham, with dozens saying that he shouldn't be “prosecuted for making an attempt to save lots of her life”.

Police confirmed that the driving force had been totally co-operating with the investigation and was bailed to a date in February.

Heartbroken relations of Wafah, also referred to as Yasmin, have additionally hailed the driving force as a “hero” for making an attempt to save lots of the mum who had a “coronary heart of gold.”

A household spokeswoman advised The Solar: “The person who killed my sister is a demon.

"The person who killed him is a hero. He deserves a medal from the queen."

McCaskie had been handed an interim stalking order by Met cops in relation to his ex, after years of abuse.

He had reportedly failed to show as much as court docket in early January after being charged with breaching the restraining order final 12 months.

'HE WILL KILL ME'

Wafah had beforehand confided in associates about how her ex had put cameras in her flat, stolen her publish and telephone in a sick bid to entry her private info.

Her household declare that she secured the order in opposition to him after their divorce three years in the past, and was so frightened of him she put in a panic alarm in her flat.

Her son stated: "He was ordered to stay away from her however lately had began stalking her, which acquired worse over the previous few weeks.

"The entire household was frightened about her ex as a result of he might be very violent.

"The police ought to have carried out one thing when he didn’t flip as much as court docket final week."

Members of the family paid tribute to Ms Chkaifi,a registered childminder, and stated: "She was vigorous, all the time stayed optimistic and all the time noticed one of the best in everybody.

"Wafah cherished to giggle, dance and depart a particular affect on everybody's life that acquired to share it along with her. She has certainly left many damaged from this terrible and tragic information.

"Wafah was essentially the most pure and real soul you'll meet. She has left two superb boys who will proceed her legacy of being pure souls."

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police stated: "A Stalking Prevention Order had been obtained in opposition to the deceased man, as a matter in fact there will probably be a overview by the Met's Directorate of Skilled Requirements NPTD additional."

Wafah's family described her as having a 'heart of gold'
Wafah's household described her as having a 'coronary heart of gold'Credit score: Rex

They believe that the driver should 'get a medal' for his actions
They consider that the driving force ought to 'get a medal' for his actionsCredit score: David Dyson - The Solar

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post