Lincoln’s Maguire explains why he celebrated in Sunderland boss Johnson’s face after scoring hat-trick against old club

WIND-UP service provider Chris Maguire produced a 'masterclass in s***housery' by celebrating in his former supervisor's face.

The Lincoln winger, 32, was launched by Sunderland final summer season in acrimonious vogue.

Chris Maguire got the opening goal of Sunderland vs Lincoln and initially refused to celebrate
Chris Maguire acquired the opening aim of Sunderland vs Lincoln and initially refused to have funCredit score: Getty

He then sprinted from the end of the pitch to the dugouts
He then sprinted from the top of the pitch to the dugoutsCredit score: PA

Maguire gave it large to his former boss Lee Johnson as he ran past
Maguire gave it massive to his former boss Lee Johnson as he ran previousCredit score: Rex

The Black Cats boss let Maguire leave as a free agent last summer
The Black Cats boss let Maguire depart as a free agent final summer seasonCredit score: Getty

However on his return to the Stadium of Gentle, he smashed in a hat-trick in a shock 3-1 win for the Imps.

And the two-cap Scotland worldwide couldn't resist rubbing it in Black Cats supervisor Lee Johnson's face.

After his sweetly-struck opener on 31 minutes, Maguire initially regarded as if he would apologise by holding up his fingers at his former house.

However then he sprinted midway up the pitch to scream in Johnson's face as his previous gaffer stood on the sting of his technical space.

Explaining his unimaginable celebration, Maguire stated: "It was a construct up of issues.

"I believed I used to be laborious achieved by in my time right here - it didn’t finish the way in which I needed to. I acquired a yellow card early on, and I regarded over he was making an attempt to get me despatched off.

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

“It labored within the favour of us - as a result of on the finish of the day he’s been despatched up the tunnel.

“I can’t inform you what I stated however I believe I did my speaking on the pitch. It was only a little bit of tongue in cheek for my final six months right here. It ended badly for me.

“I hope the Sunderland followers are okay with me. I used to be getting booed however I’ve acquired nothing however admiration and respect for them. I beloved my time right here.

"I wasn’t that means to be disrespectful to them in any respect. I hope they will see from my viewpoint the way in which it ended for me right here.”

Unsurprisingly, followers on Twitter have been completely loving the elite-level taunting.

One stated: "Chris Maguire is delivering a masterclass in s***housery towards his former membership tonight."

'BOX OFFICE'

One other wrote: "That is absolute field workplace from Chris Maguire."

A 3rd added: "From the strike to the non celebration to the screaming in Lee Johnson’s face all the things about this Chris Maguire clip is excellent."

And a last consumer commented: "Sensible, merely sensible. Soccer s***housery achieved nicely, by Chris Maguire."

Maguire, who escaped a purple card for an early lunge, added a penalty simply earlier than the hour-mark and accomplished his treble with a superb end with 1 / 4 of an hour remaining.

That marked the primary league hat-trick scored towards a Johnson aspect.

And to prime it off for the ex-Bristol Metropolis boss, he was red-carded for grabbing an opposition participant by the throat in a livid melee as Maguire nicely and really acquired the final chuckle.

The defeat additionally dealt a main blow to Sunderland's promotion hopes as they didn't overtake Rotherham on the prime of League One - and the Millers have two video games in hand.

 Learn our Switch Information Reside weblog for the very newest rumours, gossip and achieved offers

Johnson was sent to the stands after getting involved in a touchline bust-up
Johnson was despatched to the stands after getting concerned in a touchline bust-upCredit score: Getty

Maguire poses with his match ball after the treble at the Stadium of Light
Maguire poses together with his match ball after the treble on the Stadium of GentleCredit score: Getty

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post