I’ve saved THOUSANDS on my designer wardrobe, I bagged a Valentino top for £4 at a charity shop & buy BRAS second-hand

IT'S the identical factor yearly - you spent weeks agonising over what to put on in your birthday, lastly choose a brand new costume, publish a photograph of it on Instagram and chuck it to the again of your wardrobe... by no means to be seen once more.

Sound acquainted? Properly 4 years in the past, trend fan Becky Hughes determined to interrupt this cycle.

Becky Hughes cut out fast fashion four years ago
Becky Hughes minimize out quick trend 4 years in the pastCredit score: Mercury

She estimates she saves £840 a year by shopping second hand
She estimates she saves £840 a 12 months by purchasing second handCredit score: Mercury

The 24-year-old, from Wolverhampton, minimize out quick trend fully and now solely buys her garments from charity outlets and second-hand apps like Vinted.

Since 2018, Becky - who works in advertising for a charity - estimates that she's saved THOUSANDS by altering her method to purchasing.

Becky's purchased a variety of things, together with a designer Valentino prime for simply £4, which ought to have value over £500.

She defined: "I am genuinely a lot happier now that I've stopped shopping for quick trend.

FABULOUS BINGO: GET A £5 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED

"Earlier than, I used to spend £20 per week on a brand new outfit to exit. Now, it is perhaps £10 a month, if that."

What's extra, Becky has even bought bras second-hand too - however attracts the road at pants.

She added: "My perspective has at all times been, I can at all times simply give it a wash, after which I am completely satisfied to put on it.

"That does not hassle me in any respect, however I do perceive why some individuals do not wish to do this.

"My perspective in the direction of garments and the way I deal with the garments I've has fully modified."

Reflecting on her previous habits, Becky added: "I would put on one thing, after which would not wish to put on it once more as a result of I would posted an image on Instagram.

"I might suppose, nicely everybody's already seen that so I am unable to put on it once more.

"Now after I'm purchasing, I believe actually fastidiously about when I'll put on one thing, does it go along with the garments I already personal, issues like that.

"I am a lot slower about the entire course of usually, I normally favorite a couple of gadgets after which come again and evaluate them a day or two later.

"You would be shocked what number of stuff you realise you do not like or would not put on simply by doing that!"

In the meantime, Becky has additionally began promoting any undesirable garments on-line too and estimates she's made about £2,000 since 2018.

Since quitting quick trend, Becky has believes she's saved £840 a 12 months by sticking to second hand garments.

Becky added: "I hate the concept of stuff ending up in landfill, that is why I prefer to promote stuff on.

"When you've got one thing simply sitting in your wardrobe, not being worn, it is really easy to publish it as on the market.

"Then, there's somebody on the market who will really put on it and luxuriate in it, and also you get some cash from it, so it is a win-win scenario."

Becky has made £2,000 by selling her own clothes too
Becky has made £2,000 by promoting her personal garments tooCredit score: Mercury

Becky bought a Valentino top for £4
Becky purchased a Valentino prime for £4Credit score: Mercury

Becky exclusively shops in charity shops and on second-hand apps
Becky solely outlets in charity outlets and on second-hand appsCredit score: Mercury

For extra trend tales, these are the six Primark hero items of the season you'll be able to’t miss out on & costs begin from simply £12.

And River Island has launched RI Energetic for on pattern gymnasium gear with out breaking the financial institution.

Plus this girl reveals how you can keep away from make-up stains out of your garments – and all you’ll want is a face fabric.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post