Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Williams new fight date announced after ban on boxing in Wales is lifted

CHRIS EUBANK JR's showdown with Liam Williams has been rescheduled for February 5.

The 2-time IBO super-middleweight champion's second scheduled dust-up with the Welshman was as a result of happen on January 29 however was postponed as a result of Covid.

Chris Eubank Jr and Liam William's showdown has been postponed TWICE
Chris Eubank Jr and Liam William's showdown has been postponed TWICECredit score: THE SUN

The pair will finally get their hands on one another on February 5
The pair will lastly get their fingers on each other on February 5Credit score: Richard Pelham / The Solar

However following the Welsh authorities's determination to elevate restrictions, the pair's Cardiff conflict will now happen every week later.

Eubank Jr and Williams had been first as a result of commerce heavy leather-based final December till the latter aggravated a shoulder harm.

Their second date fell by way of after the British Board of Boxing Management determined to droop motion for a month because of the surge in Omicron instances.

An announcement on the time learn: “Following recommendation from the British Boxing Board of Management Medical Panel, Boxing tournaments below the jurisdiction of the BBBofC will likely be suspended for the month of January.

“An additional overview by the Medical Panel and Stewards will happen previous to the deliberate recommencement of Boxing in February.”

Eubank Jr - the son of British boxing nice Chris Sr - has been engaged in a disagreement with Welsh warrior Williams for a number of months.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)

And the Hove hitman has vowed to make his outspoken opponent pay for his pre-fight jibes.

Final November, the 32-year-old instructed Sky Sports activities: "This can be a private combat for me.

"More often than not, boxing is simply enterprise. You get in there, you combat one other man and also you simply need to win.

"With this man right here, I genuinely do not like the person, he is stated numerous disrespectful issues about me over the previous few months, and it is time to make him eat these phrases.

"I positively cannot repeat the issues he is stated on social media, however belief me it is very laborious to remain calm with the issues he is been saying. Now I've an excellent alternative to enter that ring and make him pay."

Regardless of coming off a call defeat to Demetrius Andrade final April, Williams, 29, is brimming with confidence.

He stated: "I absolutely imagine I will beat him and I believe I will knock him out as effectively.

"It is simply a type of fights, very intriguing, and I am unable to stroll down the road with out folks saying to me, 'When are you going to combat Eubank?'

"For me, it could be good to combat him and put it behind me.

Chris Eubank Jr has vowed to make Liam Williams pay for his pre-fight comments
Chris Eubank Jr has vowed to make Liam Williams pay for his pre-fight feedbackCredit score: Richard Pelham / The Solar

"I am fed up of speaking about him. I simply need to punch his face in. He is an boastful character.

"I do not like the best way he makes out he is right here and everybody else is there.

"He is been saying these mad issues for therefore lengthy and I simply assume he wants bringing down a peg or two."

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post