Who was Sinead O’Connor’s son Shane and how did he die?

SINEAD O'Connor's son Shane was tragically discovered lifeless after disappearing from Tallaght Hospital in Dublin on Friday, January 7, 2022.

Tributes to the 17-year-old, led by his devastated mom, have been pouring in.

Shane O'Connor, 17, was found dead on Friday, January 7, 2022
Shane O'Connor, 17, was discovered lifeless on Friday, January 7, 2022

Who was Shane O'Connor?

Shane is the son of Sinead, an Irish singer-songwriter, and Donal Lunny, an Irish folks musician and producer.

The pair cut up shortly after Shane was born.

Shane was considered one of Sinead's 4 kids - Jake Reynolds, Roisin Waters and Yeshua Francis Neil Bonadio.

He was final seen in Tallaght, South Dublin, on Friday, January 7, 2022, as police had been alerted to his disappearance.

Police had beforehand launched an attraction for help discovering Shane with Sinead tweeting: "Shane, your life is treasured. God didn’t chisel that stunning smile in your stunning face for nothing.

"My world would collapse with out you. You might be my coronary heart. Please don’t cease it from beating. Please don’t hurt your self. Go to the Gardai and let’s get you to hospital.

"It is a message for my son, Shane. Shane, it’s not humorous anymore all this going lacking. You might be scaring the crap out of me.

"Might you please do the suitable factor and current your self at a Gardai station. If you're with Shane please name the Gardai for his security".

On January 6, 2022, a spokesperson for the police confirmed that a Lacking Particular person Attraction for the teenager had been "stood down" following the invention of a physique.

How did he die?

Sinead and her household had been reportedly involved about Shane's psychological well being as he disappeared from Tallaght Hospital, the place his mum claimed he had been on "suicide watch".

Sinead additionally threatened the hospital with a lawsuit after her son went lacking.

She wrote: "Like, how has a seventeen-year-old traumatised younger individual WHO WAS ON SUICIDE WATCH in Tallaght Hosptial's Lynn Ward been capable of go lacking??? 

"Hospital after all to date refusing to take any accountability. Something occurs to my son on their watch? Lawsuits. 

"I need to know why Lynn Ward at Taillight hospital who had been alleged to have HCA's supervise my little one 24/7 have managed to let him out of their grasp this morning when 7 days in the past he made two extreme suicide makes an attempt."

Sadly, on January 8, 2022, police confirmed that they'd discovered Shane's physique, leaving his household devastated.

No official reason for dying has been launched, however it seems that the teenager could have taken his personal life.

Writing on her twitter, Sinead urged different teenagers to keep away from making the identical choice "my son felt compelled into selecting".

She mentioned: "I've seen many deceased of us in my life.

"My son is the one one who didn't have a look at peace. Suicide is not going to convey you peace. It's a lie."

A heartbroken Sinead O'Connor has posted a moving tribute to her son on Twitter
A heartbroken Sinead O'Connor has posted a transferring tribute to her son on TwitterCredit score: WENN

What has Sinead mentioned?

After the information of Shane's tragic dying, Sinead tweeted: "My stunning son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very gentle of my life, determined to finish his earthly battle right now and is now with God.

"Could he relaxation in peace and will nobody comply with his instance. My child. I like you a lot. Please be at peace:"

She additionally later tweeted a Bob Marley track which she devoted to Shane: "That is for my Shaney. The sunshine of my life. The lamp of my soul. My blue-eye child.

"You'll all the time be my gentle. We are going to all the time be collectively. No boundary can separate us."

Different stars have additionally shared their condolences, together with The Pogues star Shane McGowan, who wrote on twitter: "Sinead you've gotten all the time been there for me and for therefore many individuals, you've gotten been a consolation & a soul who is just not afraid to really feel the ache of the struggling.

"You've all the time tried to heal & assist. I pray that you would be able to be comforted & discover energy, therapeutic & peace in your personal sorrow & loss."

Eire AM presenter Muireen O'Connell commented on Sinead's Twitter account to share her sympathies, writing: "I'm so terribly sorry to your tragic loss.

"My ideas are with you and your loved ones."

Sinead's followers additionally shared their help for the star, with many sharing photos and movies of misplaced family members beneath her tribute to her son Shane.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post